Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good replacement radio for 2015 Mirage DE?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, you'll need to splice together the harness that comes with the radio to the harness that adapts it to your car. Since you're rolling with a DE, you won't have to worry about the steering wheel audio controls... that brings another level of pain in the rear to add an aftermarket radio. I personally recommend soldering the connections between the radio harness and the adaptor harness and using heat shrink on it, but that's just because I've done stereo install stuff for a long, long time.

And yes, you can reuse the dash kit and the stereo harness kit if you don't like the el cheapo deluxe radio but compared to the stock trash radio these came with, it'll be an improvement. The funny thing is, with today's technology, the dash and wiring kits will cost more than the radio itself hahaha.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwatkin View Post
    I have a 2015 DE and am having issues with the radio. I know this is a complaint of these cars even when working fine and guess they can't offer a premium unit for what these cars cost. The buttons seem to have a mind of their own and do not do what they are instructed to do or do not respond.

I have always had very good luck with Kenwood systems and these do not cost an arm and a leg. Of course the selection of car audio appears quite limited with COVID-19 going on. My only real desires are mechanical buttons (no touch screen if possible), ability to play regular old FM/AM radio (AM isn't a biggie if it isn't an option), and Bluetooth integration much like the stock radio. I would rather not have a unit controlled by Siri, Alexa, or similar. I would be fine with one of those units if they can be used without those forms of voice assist. I also really don't care if it can play CDs either.

I took the car in and was just going to get a new factory radio under warranty but they told me it was only 3 years /36,000 miles on the audio system which I thought was odd. Other than this, the Mirage hasn't skipped a beat.

Of course I have always like Kenwood but what are some other good units that fit my criteria?

Thanks,

Conor
    Used factory radios can be had for under $40 on Ebay. There is no coding or programming required.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Radio-Cd-Player-8701A208-HCD04/383825065271?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3AMirage%7CS ubmodel%3AES%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A1.2L%7CMake%3AMitsubishi%7CTrim%3 AES+Hatchback+4-Door%7CEngine%3A1.2L+1193CC+73Cu.+In.+l3+GAS+DOHC+ Naturally+Aspirated&epid=527945628&hash=item595dc1 b537:g2UAAOSwbYJfu-hp

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want nothing to do with a factory radio. It sounds like the $16 Wal-Mart radio is an upgrade. I bought that radio at the local WM store and now need to buy the harness end and mounting kit to finish up the replacement. I will probably have about $40 in this once I am done and get a better radio in the end.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My wife hates the 2017 touch screen radio so much. Hell she liked the one in the base 2014 more. Lack of displaying songs on the radio and no quick physical buttons for your favorite channels is something she just absolutely hates. I personally agree. The touch screen is crap and neither of us care about a backup cam.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-18-MITSU...YAAOSwfvleu3kz Anyone know if this oem radio display the artist name and song on radio? Really want to solve this for the wife.
    Last edited by Clessy; 12-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have one of those and yes it will pick up the RDS information. You could also get the base touch screen from a 2018+ and that also has RDS and the digital Am/FM HD tuner or whatever it's called and that will cost a lot less.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I have one of those and yes it will pick up the RDS information. You could also get the base touch screen from a 2018+ and that also has RDS and the digital Am/FM HD tuner or whatever it's called and that will cost a lot less.
    Would it have been too hard for Mitsubishi to include RDS in the base non-touchscreen radio? It already reads CD-text and navigates MP3 folder directories. It's good to know the 2018 touch screen has this function however.

I'm also guessing there is not way to make the title text scroll in the base radio, correct?

These are tiny gripes - I'll wait til it dies to replace it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Base radio no. It doesn't support RDS. The upgraded touch screen unit in the LE, SE, GT also doesn't support RDS but that's a quirk because a lot of Hyundai's at the time didn't either and Hyundai is who makes that unit. I thought it was very stupid that the base touch screen had HD tuning and RDS but the upgraded one doesn't... Makes zero sense.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Base radio no. It doesn't support RDS. The upgraded touch screen unit in the LE, SE, GT also doesn't support RDS but that's a quirk because a lot of Hyundai's at the time didn't either and Hyundai is who makes that unit. I thought it was very stupid that the base touch screen had HD tuning and RDS but the upgraded one doesn't... Makes zero sense.
    I'm so confused what 2018 radio. Theres to many damn head unit options. You have a source or link to it anywhere? I fancy the 2021 screen too but im sure that will cost a small penny right now and have no availability.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20201127_112118.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  94.7 KB

This unit which I installed into my 2015. It's getting replaced with the nav unit because I'm taking that car to where cell phone service doesn't work. Want to trade for your car's unit? I'd need the mic for sure since the ES grade touch screen has the mic built into it. My wife wants a cd player for her car and doesn't care about the radio or anything else hahaha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20201127_112118.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  94.7 KB

This unit which I installed into my 2015. It's getting replaced with the nav unit because I'm taking that car to where cell phone service doesn't work. Want to trade for your car's unit? I'd need the mic for sure since the ES grade touch screen has the mic built into it. My wife wants a cd player for her car and doesn't care about the radio or anything else hahaha.
    Ahh damn this doesnt have a cd player my wife loves that too ><