Thread: Swapped mirages!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Swapped mirages!

I posted about 3 weeks ago after I bought a used 2017 mirage G4 ES CVT. I tinkered on that car the last 3 weeks and got it up to a pretty decent condition. But it slowly started to bug me how it had little marks on the door panel from someone wearing a ring. Scuffs on the door sill, collapsing bolster with high wear. Things that come from someone using it as an appliance. Nothing wrong with it, but not the way I use my cars.

Then Saturday comes around and I go to the dealer for fun (whoops). They gave me a decent trade in as it was the end of the month and I also got an extra $500 since I was trading in a mitsu. Long story short I drove out of there in a 2020 starlight silver mirage LE. Sticker was $17,500 and I got it for $12,999. Not the best deal I've ever seen on here but at about 25% off I'm pretty happy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

2of9 (11-30-2020),Fummins (11-30-2020),precisionxt (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    I posted about 3 weeks ago after I bought a used 2017 mirage G4 ES CVT. I tinkered on that car the last 3 weeks and got it up to a pretty decent condition. But it slowly started to bug me how it had little marks on the door panel from someone wearing a ring. Scuffs on the door sill, collapsing bolster with high wear. Things that come from someone using it as an appliance. Nothing wrong with it, but not the way I use my cars.

Then Saturday comes around and I go to the dealer for fun (whoops). They gave me a decent trade in as it was the end of the month and I also got an extra $500 since I was trading in a mitsu. Long story short I drove out of there in a 2020 starlight silver mirage LE. Sticker was $17,500 and I got it for $12,999. Not the best deal I've ever seen on here but at about 25% off I'm pretty happy.
    Pictures!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I only have 1 picture so far. I've been rushing all weekend to get it prepped for winter before it gets too cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I'm pretty happy.
    That's the only part that really matters! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Plus, you now have a full warranty. Any dings and such, however, are now your fault!

Congrats on your new car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Congrats Mark. Your story reminds me, to NOT go to the dealer. Mine is new though, I can't imagine being enticed into anything. Maybe I should take my Lexus to the Lexus dealer and see if they can entice me into ... hmmmmm and LC 500? What a way to waste money!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ey! Not a bad deal for a 2020. WBL Mitsubishi...I just got there just to check out some deals they have on Mirages sometimes since it's on my way home. Man, I really like fronts on those models too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats. Btw don't think of it as not a great deal. I just paid $9500 which is really like $10500 after all the tax tags and fees for a used 2017 with 50k of miles and its only $3000 less than what you paid brand new with a much longer warranty and stuff. Granted my car is clearly much prettier

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I only have 1 picture so far. I've been rushing all weekend to get it prepped for winter before it gets too cold.
    Prep for winter? Like what? Rust spray the bottom and winter tires? Just curious about what would happen if a Mirage owner drove up there just "as is".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My prep includes getting some sort of protection on the paint. Not absolutely necessary but my preference.

The other big thing was fluid film undercoating. Big deal for me to get it on there before the salt flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Prep for winter? Like what? Rust spray the bottom and winter tires? Just curious about what would happen if a Mirage owner drove up there just "as is".
    Nothing. Just spray all your bug wash out and replace it with the winter stuff that doesn't freeze then you're all set for winter unless you want winter tires and a block heater if you park outside in -20c or colder.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)