Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage with 414,520 miles / 667,105 kilometers @ White Bear Mitsubishi, MN, USA

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Off the top of my head with this car @414K miles and the "cheap plastic car" here (is it still owned and operated by the forum member?) statistically our rides should be good for an average of 400K miles (560K klicks),

A larger sample size would help of course (it's not like Mirages have sold Corolla like numbers) but time is showing how good these little cars were engineered and assembled. I'm proud and happy to own 2 of these little beasts.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Commenting here after just seeing the title. Haven't read the story or other comments yet. My first thought is "wow, that's some A+ upkeep/maintenance on that vehicle. Nicely done."

Now I'm on to read about how he did it and pick up some tips.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    BTW Richard is the owner and one terrific guy with an an amazing staff. we went there to buy a car for my wife outlander sport, Richard help use while my sales rep Sunny Yoke (real name) him and Richard know sign language to deal with a couple with hearing issues. that day every sales staff assisted us and he has an amazing team there! Last summer we took advantage of the St Paul Saints Free tickets and i got to see my brother in the first time in years but its probably because of my heart failure in March 21.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tewin777 For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (01-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but, I just went on White Bear Mitsubishi Webpage and found out that this famous Plasma Purple Mirage (with 414,518 miles) is now for sale in the used car section!

Here is the link:

https://www.whitebearmitsubishi.com/...83f4792e1b.htm

They want $4933.

I live only about a little over an hour from this dealer and am tempted to go there and check it out!

Dave (Pearly G4 MN)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearly G4_MN For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-12-2022),Top_Fuel (03-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearly G4_MN View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but, I just went on White Bear Mitsubishi Webpage and found out that this famous Plasma Purple Mirage (with 414,518 miles) is now for sale in the used car section!

Here is the link:

https://www.whitebearmitsubishi.com/...83f4792e1b.htm

They want $4933.

I live only about a little over an hour from this dealer and am tempted to go there and check it out!

Dave (Pearly G4 MN)
    $5k? Are they out of their minds? That's what you'd pay for a Mirage with half that many miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd go buy it if it wasn't that kind of crazy money. I do have a 80,000 mile engine and CVT from a wrecked 2017 SE G4 that need a home that I can't seem to find for them!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    True but this one IMO is an exceptional one and an interesting piece of history. This is already well known to be taken care of unlike other used mirage with unknown history of maintenance and repair.

I'll buy one knowing that I get a piece of mind AND drive it until 1,000,000 miles. By then, sell it back to WB dealer to get a special discount for hopeful 2032 Mirage. Win-win!

Say you’ll buy it if it’s a certified pre owned so you get the “lifetime power train warranty”.
    Attachment 23056

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I'd go buy it if it wasn't that kind of crazy money. I do have a 80,000 mile engine and CVT from a wrecked 2017 SE G4 that need a home that I can't seem to find for them!
    If you lived closer, I would suggest you making them an offer. That's a car that should have its mileage plastered all over it & be driven around around the Twin Cities! I'm actually surprised White Bear is not taking that type of approach to that car in some way.

I think a forum member needs to step up & buy that car! Don't point at me, however. I only buy manuals!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-14-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you lived closer, I would suggest you making them an offer. That's a car that should have its mileage plastered all over it & be driven around around the Twin Cities! I'm actually surprised White Bear is not taking that type of approach to that car in some way.

I think a forum member needs to step up & buy that car! Don't point at me, however. I only buy manuals!
    For real. JATCO should of had it shipped back to Japan so they could build a shrine to it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-17-2022)