Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage with 414,520 miles / 667,105 kilometers @ White Bear Mitsubishi, MN, USA

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    White Bear Mitsubishi was genius for promoting this story. It made it to Car and Driver where they didn't bash it too much and gave White Bear Mitsubishi a huge marketing boost that will be seen by millions.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...irage-414-000/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

2of9 (12-03-2020),dragon2knight (12-03-2020),Top_Fuel (12-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sent links to a few people who bashed Mitsubishi or my Mirage. Specifically one who I posted about in the past. People are entilted to opinions dont ask for my help then run to mommy... mommy says something bad about Mitsubishi then my friend turns around and bashes my car.

Long story short on my friend sold her doa honda crv to a mechanic ... mechanic replaced motor and cleaned it up. She bought it back for 5k. And had to get a loan and I know she already had another mechanical problem. Like politics, money, covid and religion wont discuss cars with extended family or friends anymore

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-04-2020),johane (12-29-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Its good to know these can possibly hit 400k miles especially the CVT. I can't help but wonder if this is just a fluke though and that it's a good to temper my expectations and just be grateful to hit 200k miles.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Napa auto parts runs hatchback cvt's lots of hard stops and go's asked driver how they are holding up no issues asked about the cvt's no service he was aware of 2018 models. He laughed mentioned how the mirage takes abuse unlike the chevy sonics in the fleet. Said GM forgot brake pads during assembly of some Sonics.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Damn.
    You still have your Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow, nice. Proud 2014 owner here. The body looks great in that pic. The body on mine is way more beat up, with far less mileage.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I emailed Richard at White Bear to inquire if the 400k mile unicorn ever had the cvt or engine replaced and he answered back he didn't think so and would get back to me with further info. He never did even though I explained hundreds of inquiring minds from MirageForum wanted to know. In the article, they stated the wheel bearings and starter were replaced under warranty but well after 100k miles? Did they extend a warranty?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I emailed Richard at White Bear to inquire if the 400k mile unicorn ever had the cvt or engine replaced and he answered back he didn't think so and would get back to me with further info. He never did even though I explained hundreds of inquiring minds from MirageForum wanted to know. In the article, they stated the wheel bearings and starter were replaced under warranty but well after 100k miles? Did they extend a warranty?
    It's not uncommon for White Bear to offer a lifetime/unlimited miles powertrain warranty for their vehicles, but I've haven't read the fine print for mine. Wheel bearings & starter wouldn't fall under a power train warranty. Owners may have paid extra for more warranty coverage, too?

I had the same thought as you about all that. Regardless, the 414,000 mile Mirage is a good example of the durability of these small cars. I had my reservations at the time of purchase. The fleet of cars Fummins was taking care of eased my mine at the time, & that's still the case almost 4 years later now.