Thread: auto climate control 2020 mirage questions

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question auto climate control 2020 mirage questions

sorry, this is going to sound dumb, but i need to ask ... i did look at the manual for the car and can not get an answer.

the auto climate control display

what is the 'mode' button

and

am I correct to assume if the temp in the car is lower than what i set it at, it gives heat
    and if the temp in the car is higher than what i set it at it, it runs as ac?

or is there a separate way to turn on and off the ac and heat?

i really feel stupid for asking, but would like to know
    thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    • Mode button: Changing the ventilation source: Face / Top vents, Bi-Level, Floor.

Am I correct to assume if the temp in the car is lower than what i set it at, it gives heat and if the temp in the car is higher than what i set it at it, it runs as ac?
    • My guess is that if you push the Auto button, the A/C compressor will run continuously. But yes, it will run warmer temps if it is cooler in the car than the set point. And cooler temps in the car if it is warmer in the car than the set point.

Is there a separate way to turn on and off the ac and heat?
    • You could manually turn ON/Off the A/C, the adjust temp and fan settings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    thank you for the answers

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsray View Post
    or is there a separate way to turn on and off the ac and heat?
    The Automatic Climate controls work great if they are left in Auto - it'll direct the air where it's needed and make adjustments even as the coolant is warming up.

The only change to consider would be turning off the automatic A/C control. In its default setting, the A/C compressor runs every time the car is running, causing undue wear on the compressor and burning more fuel. Hold down the snowflake button for about ten seconds or so until it beeps - that ought to turn it off. Hold it down for another ten seconds (after letting it go that is...) and it'll go back to Auto A/C. This doesn't affect how the rest of the Automatic Climate control works, it only turns off the A/C compressor control. The owner's manual has a good description of this and the Auto Climate controls - it is worth reading.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    wow thank you ... not sure where that is in the manual, i looked through it and found nothing

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The Automatic Climate controls work great if they are left in Auto - it'll direct the air where it's needed and make adjustments even as the coolant is warming up.
    Nope... Where I live in Igloo weather, you have to make it manually go to defrost as it will not keep the windows clear. I don't know where you live, but you may find switching from "auto" to "defrost" is normal in the winter...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)