Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Loan Rates these days, what is a good rate going into 2021??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't think I'd be too upset over some of those things. My insurance company wouldn't cover certain damages if my water heater is over a certain age, same with the age of the shingles. I had to tell them when they were last replaced by the previous owner, that info was provided when the house was for sale. Furnaces are hit or miss. One of the ones in my current house is the original one from the late 70's and the other one was replaced within the last 10-15 years. The home inspector of my first house told me I needed a new furnace. I replaced the motor for $100 and it worked when I sold it 5 years later. Dumping money into a house isn't a waste most of the time, depends on the house and how you spend it. Obviously like a car, shop around for parts, do the work yourself and it's cheaper.
    North Carolina is kinda of a con state. I have to have a hvac license to buy parts or have them shipped to NC. I cant legally do any of the work or install it myself. Trust me I remodeled my whole kitchen and did the wood floors in my house. If I can do it I will.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The Sonic is made in merica. Atleast the ones sold in North america are. I didn't think about the others you mentioned, I don't think I've ever seen an encore or trax on the road. They're all junk anyways, same with the cruze, and malibu's imo.

"Until 1996 all Daewoo cars were based on GM-designed models. After the Asian financial crisis reached South Korea in 1997, Daewoo took over the troubled SUV manufacturer SsangYong in 1998, but ran into financial trouble and was forced to sell the company off in 2001 to GM affiliate SAIC." Taken from -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Kor...filiate%20SAIC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_Motors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just noticed that my local Credit Union is offering 1.89% on 36-month new or used car loans "with discounts". That usually means you must have excellent credit, and be set up for automatic payments.

Current rate on my wife's car loan is 3.1%. I should refi! (not really worth the trouble, I only owe another 13 months on it)
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by herciliadistricts View Post
    Oh, I'm sad that I didn't buy my car in 2020. The leasing rates were very good compared to the rates you can find at the moment.
    I miss brand new Mirages selling for $7,500 - 9,500 (depending on how many rebates you qualified for).

The last good deal I have seen was early 2021, when MrFixIt bought a brand new 2021 yellow ES manual for $10,400 OTD. That price included the delivery from White Bear to his home in North Carolina. Things have changed drastically.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NickElenor View Post
    Hey! I'm new here and just wanted to chime in on this topic. When it comes to exploring financing options, specialized assistance is needed.
    Welcome to the forum!

Are you stating special assistance is needed when financing a vehicle or asking a question about it? It's not clear to me, but that's nothing new for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Are you stating special assistance is needed when financing a vehicle or asking a question about it? It's not clear to me, but that's nothing new for me!
    Smells like spam to me.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-06-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I miss brand new Mirages selling for $7,500 - 9,500 (depending on how many rebates you qualified for).

The last good deal I have seen was early 2021, when MrFixIt bought a brand new 2021 yellow ES manual for $10,400 OTD. That price included the delivery from White Bear to his home in North Carolina. Things have changed drastically.
    Not just Mirage good deals too, my neighbor got her Spark stupid cheap, less than $10K US with a nice trim level. Another friend got a 6 sp. Elantra (really sharp car) new OTD for $16K CDN.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Not just Mirage good deals too, my neighbor got her Spark stupid cheap, less than $10K US with a nice trim level.
    Recently?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Smells like spam to me.
    If so, I'm glad I didn't give some long winded response!

My nose for spam is not as good as some!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Had some spam over this Thanksgiving / Christmas. It was delicious. Mmmmmm spaaaaam.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-09-2023)