Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Car Loan Rates these days, what is a good rate going into 2021??

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I found a "decent" rate with Navy Federal Credit union at 4.99% for 60 months. Does anyone know better options?

Thanks in advance .

Last edited by kerobs; 04-08-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerobs View Post
    I found a "decent" rate with Navy Federal Credit union at 4.99% for 60 months. Does anyone know better options?

Thanks in advance .
    Hello derobs (Top?) and welcome to the forum.

It's hard to beat NFCU's rates & services for almost anything. You could shop around, but you might find it a waste of time. I take it you are a member of NFCU?

You'll have to tell us more about yourself and your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    My oldest son is about to be in the Navy. When he does, I've told him take advantage of every little benefit possible. If they have toothbrush insurance, get it! OK, a little ridiculous, but you know what I mean. I too hope to be able to benefit. I'm so jealous, envious and proud of my son I don't know what to do. I should have joined the military, stayed single my whole life, and had maybe 50 baby-mamas all around the world...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That’s not a bad rate today. CU typically get better rate than the big banks out there. I went with the CU for 5.5% APR 72 months.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My oldest son is about to be in the Navy.
    Congratulations! Commissioned or enlisted? The experience is very different between the two.

I too hope to be able to benefit.
    If your son joins NFCU, you'll be eligible to join too as a family member.

I'm so jealous, envious and proud of my son I don't know what to do.
    It is a great opportunity to see the world, but it's not an easy job. He will have lots of free time on his hands. Don't get caught up in just 'doing time' like so many do. Stay focused & get a degree and let the government pay for it, it's easier than ever to do over the internet.

Best wishes to your son.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Congratulations! Commissioned or enlisted? The experience is very different between the two.
    He's a degreed engineer. He got a 99 on the ASVAB, there is no 100. He took the O.A.R. test and scored in the highest achievable zone. So they said, "you can do whatever you want in the Navy, including Intelligence, which is at least one of the highest tier paths available. He wants to be a Nuke. His path currently is a Nuclear Officer. It is the Top Gun of Navy brainiacs as far as I know. It's taking a while to go through the entrance process. He may go sit in front of a Navy board within a couple months. If they agree he's good, an Admiral of the Navy can make him an officer on the spot, and that's his first instant of being in the Navy. And then he proceeds down their path. He's saying now he wants to be on a submarine. We shall see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-09-2024),inuvik (04-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He's a degreed engineer. He got a 99 on the ASVAB, there is no 100. He took the O.A.R. test and scored in the highest achievable zone. So they said, "you can do whatever you want in the Navy, including Intelligence, which is at least one of the highest tier paths available. He wants to be a Nuke. His path currently is a Nuclear Officer. It is the Top Gun of Navy brainiacs as far as I know. It's taking a while to go through the entrance process. He may go sit in front of a Navy board within a couple months. If they agree he's good, an Admiral of the Navy can make him an officer on the spot, and that's his first instant of being in the Navy. And then he proceeds down their path. He's saying now he wants to be on a submarine. We shall see.
    Nuclear subs can be pretty intense. Underwater drama with cat & mouse games with adversaries. I understand Nuclear training is very rigorous - can't have any mental breakdowns underwater when stuff hits the fan. The training is designed to separate who can from who cannot.

Hopefully he gets to go places & see stuff. At least you get to join NFCU.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As he explains to me, it doesn't matter what is going on. Under any and all circumstances, his job would be to boil water. That's it.