Thread: 4 - 15" Blizzak Tires, TPMS sensors and steel rims for sale in Portland, OR

Country
    United States
    Thanks

4 - 15" Blizzak Tires, TPMS sensors and steel rims for sale in Portland, OR

I have a set of 4 15" Bridgestone Blizzak tires mounted on steel rims which also include the expensive TPMS sensors in each rim. When I sold the car, it had 16K miles, and tires were used for just a couple of winters, so they have maybe 6K miles total wear. The car was always driven for maximum mileage by an older owner (me) which is to say it was babied so the tires are in excellent shape.

If interested, please reach out and I'll provide more contact information. Local sale, Portland, OR. $100 cash.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    I have a set of 4 15" Bridgestone Blizzak tires mounted on steel rims which also include the expensive TPMS sensors in each rim. When I sold the car, it had 16K miles, and tires were used for just a couple of winters, so they have maybe 6K miles total wear. The car was always driven for maximum mileage by an older owner (me) which is to say it was babied so the tires are in excellent shape.

If interested, please reach out and I'll provide more contact information. Local sale, Portland, OR. $100 cash.
    That should be an awesome deal for someone in your area. Good luck on selling them!

Did you replace your Mirage with something else?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. There was a great deal on a Hyundai Ioniq EV lease and I decided to give it a try. Nice car, but I should have hung onto the Mirage. I just don't drive enough to warrant keeping 2 cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. There was a great deal on a Hyundai Ioniq EV lease and I decided to give it a try. Nice car, but I should have hung onto the Mirage. I just don't drive enough to warrant keeping 2 cars.
    That's understandable. I own two vehicles. A good portion of what I save in fuel costs driving my Mirage is probably lost in the extra insurance costs for owning two vehicles.

Is the Hyundai Ioniq EV a vehicle you will consider keeping once the lease period is done?

I've never leased a vehicle, but having the option to purchase or not be stuck with it may be a nice perk.

I apologize for my questions. I don't mean to distract from your main goal of selling your winter tires.

How did you deal with the two sets of wheel sensors for your Mirage? Did you clone the new set to your factory set of sensors, or did you reprogram your car's TPMS every time you changed wheels?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never leased until this most recent car. At 109 per month, it was compelling. Since EV technology is changing so fast, I won't buy out the lease unless it's a very good deal.

The TPMS sensors were a PITA every time I changed. I didn't even want them, but Discount Tire insisted that I buy them for 'safety reasons / liability'. Ridiculous. But since they insisted and they did the free swap every year, I always insisted that they get the sensors working. This sometimes took multiple trips back, but they always got them to work. A bad system, really. Expensive and none of the techs could get it right on the first try.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never leased until this most recent car. At 109 per month, it was compelling. Since EV technology is changing so fast, I won't buy out the lease unless it's a very good deal.

The TPMS sensors were a PITA every time I changed. I didn't even want them, but Discount Tire insisted that I buy them for 'safety reasons / liability'. Ridiculous. But since they insisted and they did the free swap every year, I always insisted that they get the sensors working. This sometimes took multiple trips back, but they always got them to work. A bad system, really. Expensive and none of the techs could get it right on the first try.
    These type of stories & my own are why I cloned my new winter sensors to my factory sensors this past summer.

I had a the same experience with my first TPMS vehicle (my 2011 Forester). I added a set of sensors to my winter tires, & I was told they would work with my Subaru. This was around 2013 or 2104. I bought my aftermarket rims through my Subaru dealership, because they didn't mark up the prices & they were willing to install everything. I was very clear on what I wanted, but .. I was led to believe they were cloned, but they weren't. I still wasted $160 on sensors, because they didn't work. I wasn't going to drive 130 miles round trip every spring/fall to reprogram my TPMS @ the dealership, nor was I going to buy an expensive tool to carry out that operation. Those sensors were tossed this summer, & I replaced them cloned sensors ($30/sensor). When I changed to winter tires a few weeks ago, my Subaru never realized the wheels were switched. Nothing had to be done! Simple & easy!

The tool (Autel TS408) to do all this cost me $120, but it comes with lifetime updates. I should be able to clone sensors for any vehicle I own now or in the future. When my 2011 factory sensors finally die in my Forester, I already have the sensor codes recorded. I can scan all 4 tires & figure out which one is dead. For $30, I can program a replacement. Having it installed & tire rebalanced may cost me $10 extra.

I couldn't find a single tire shop or mechanic in my small hometown area that could do this, which I still find odd? Thus, I went this route instead. I can switch tires around & change codes on wheels whenever I want, too. Having two vehicles, I also cloned 8 sensors myself this past summer already.

Regardless of the sensors, your winter tires are a great deal! The sensors alone are worth way more than what you are asking for everything.

I will be switching out my Mirage tires one of these days, & I expect the same results. I feel cloning is the cheapest way to avoid this headache outside of just living with the TPMS dash light being on.

Nice chatting with you! If someone needs snow tires, you can't beat your deal!

Maybe post the tire size, though at that price it really doesn't matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, please—what is the tire size?