Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First cross country trip in my 2019 ES!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    I bought a back camera for my car just a week ago, so far so good.

Just wanted to share my travel experience with my mirage 2017 cvt.
    I bought this car especially for travels, we live in a distant place so have to travel a lot.
    Last summer went to Prince Rupert BC, it was 3000 kms trip. Not super comfortable but cheap as heck.
    We do trips 2000-3000 kms every summer and I never regretted of my choice. This winter the engine made some rattling noise and the dealership offered to change it for the new one. The oil change was coming so I agreed (done under the warranty). The old engine was consuming 4,5 l/100 kms, the new one is 5,5 l/100 kms. I'm currently on almost 90 k km, so far so good.
    Yea, road trips can be fun but the seats leave little support for long drives. So you have a rear view dash cam? That's good, dash cams always help in the event of an accident.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wait what? You've already had to replace an engine? How many km on the original engine?
    Yup, no joke. When i was on 68 k km, it started to rattle when it was -15 C here. The dealership asked me if I wanted to replace it and I did (I suppose they were not busy and it was a way to make money for them during COVID). The old engine was fine, but the noise at cold weather was not nice (not sure if you know that noise, but it sounded like an old Peugeot carburator). Now it's fine, I started it at -50 C with no problem. Using Penzzoil 0w20.
    Vovanchik and Mirage Musya

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 40.3 mpg (US) ... 17.1 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Yea, road trips can be fun but the seats leave little support for long drives. So you have a rear view dash cam? That's good, dash cams always help in the event of an accident.

Agree, seats must be improved in the future, the longest drive for me was 18 hours of driving and my back was not thankful )) I am considering a wooden massager for it (we use it a lot in Europe).
    Yup, installed a dash cam Apexcam Tour 3. Wiring was the worst, lots of work on that. Also, there is a decal WEST Side MITSUBISHI which is partially on the back screen )) still, better than nothing.
    Vovanchik and Mirage Musya

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 40.3 mpg (US) ... 17.1 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad the Impaler For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yea, comfort is subjective. What's comfy to one person is rough on another.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (05-03-2021)