Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New member and hopefully a mirage owner w/ a few questions

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    In Europe, we have plenty of cars the size of the Mirage, and plenty more smaller.
    The AYGO is a triplet with the Citroen C1 and Peugoet 107. All three have the same engines, transmission, and just about everything else, but the body has minor design differences. I also own a C1, and I'm not proud of that!
    The C1 is a bit sportier than the Mirage/Spacestar, but has bone-shaking suspension that gives me backache. You feel every little gravel stone the weheels touch. The engine compartment is very much more cramped, you need to remove the bumper for most servicing jobs. The "luggage compartment" is extremely small, it doesn't even take a crate of soda pop unless you fold down the back of the rear seats. It almost always comes as a two door, and if somebody has to put some groceries in the back, the enormously oversize seat-backs are in the way. If you do fold the back of a seat to make room for putting a small bag in the rear, the position of the seat is lost and you have to stand outside to put the seat into a usable position. Only then you can actually sit inside and adjust the seat to normal position. A true PITA you don't repeat unless you really have to! I could rave on a lot longer, but its not worth it.
    The Aygo is no comparision to the Mirage!
    Indeed, there is such a thing as going too small

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    It's literally disgusting that fiat Chrysler is on tha tlist but thats also Dodge so thats the only reason I can see it being there.
    And Jeep loyalists too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-10-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy:
    "It's literally disgusting that fiat Chrysler is on tha tlist but thats also Dodge so thats the only reason I can see it being there."

I don't know what FIAT sell in the States, but the FIAT entry modells have always been constructed so the impoverished used-car buyer in southern Italy can own it on a shoe-string budget. They are very reliable, easy to maintain and parts are very cheap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy:
    "It's literally disgusting that fiat Chrysler is on tha tlist but thats also Dodge so thats the only reason I can see it being there."

I don't know what FIAT sell in the States, but the FIAT entry modells have always been constructed so the impoverished used-car buyer in southern Italy can own it on a shoe-string budget. They are very reliable, easy to maintain and parts are very cheap.
    Turds, FIAT sells turds in the US....they are horrible!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-10-2020),inuvik (12-10-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Obviously they sell very different stuff there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Gonna be honest here, I was ecstatic when they re-entered the US market. My first car was a rusted out, too many patched holes on the rag top convertible from them, late 70's. It was a bit of a tank, pretty reliable and easy to work on but rust finally killed it in my 4th year of high school.....but the memories will last a lifetime. When they brought the 500 here I was on a waiting list for one of the first ones....you can guess what happened next. After not even 2 years of ownership it all but fell apart, less than 30,000 miles in the engine took a dump and I was happy to have unloaded it on some poor soul who loved the looks....never again!! I'd have loved to have what they were selling over there here, but now they are looking to run away from here--again--and I'll not be fooled again. Good riddance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    The Fiat 500 peaked in U.S. sales in 2012 with 43,772 sold. 3,267 Fiat 500 cars were sold in 2019. 2018 was 5,370 sold. The cuteness wore off really fast here. You can't exist in a large country like the United States with numbers like that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-10-2020)