Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POV Drive

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    ISP's here in the USA are the worst. Really. They have the ****tiest, most anti-consumer policies out of any companies I have ever personally dealt with. They prey on lack of competition and the average person's ignorance/fear of technology to get away with it. It makes me want to ****ing puke every time I have to deal with it, and should be flat out illegal. The only reason it isn't is because of (1) again, ignorance/fear of technology, and (2) millions/billions spent on lobbying.

The reason uploads take so much longer now is because (1) video files have gotten much larger than they ever used to be and (2) ISP consumer service plans are now hilariously asymmetrical. By that I mean that download speed (which is what they advertise) greatly surpasses the provided upload speed. For example, Comcast's top-of-the-line, 1Gbps plan has an upload rate of... 35Mbps - i.e., your upload rate is just 3.5% of your download rate.

I know this country has bigger things to worry about right now, but for ****'s sake, why is **** like this still allowed in 2020.
    You already said it: ignorance and accepting whatever mound of poo they they shove under your nose.....it'll take a miracle to change this behavior unfortunately....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Or like how Spectrum internet is 100mbs per line and only 39.99... well guess what that's only internet and you have to bundle everything else to even get it to be $39.99... all together it equals $90.00 plus taxes and fees and after so much they throttle you down if you go over the speed... I agree, absolute bologna!
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Since I live in rural mentor my upload speeds are less than 50 mbs, thanks Windstream...but I'm going to try to get a deal with T-Mobile since they're my service carrier and see if I can just switch to data permanently instead of Wi-Fi... Data would have cut my upload in half instead of WiFi.
    ♪♫♬ ~Aaaaaaaaand don't forget about unnecessary data caps~ ♪♫♬

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-13-2020),MirageRally (12-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahhh mannn... I forgot about that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahhh mannn... I forgot about that!
    I was very lucky and saw T-Mobile back in the day when it was still an up and coming carrier. They were offering fully unlimited lines (Talk/Text/4G data) for $50 each per month. I ended up doing the legwork of testing coverage, followed by the debates of convincing my entire family to move over from Verizon (which is the most draconian of the WSP's here in the States). I am so glad I did that. Ended up being able to pick up two extra lines for free (also fully unlimited) over the next six months. So now we have 5 unlimited, grandfathered (the plans are no longer offer), non-contract SIM's for like $175 per month (taxes and fees, heh).

I just checked, and so far this month I have used 26.75GB of mobile data. Needless to say, I would die to defend these SIM cards, lol

Also, let's talk about how, after that **** Ajit Pai killed off net neutrality, all the WSP's have started artificially throttling the transfer rate of any videos over their network to a point that can only support 480p. This would actually affect you, @MirageRally, as they will detect your videos and throttle your upload rate to something hilariously low.
    Last edited by PityOnU; 12-13-2020 at 11:44 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I just recognized that... Every time I view a video it only go to 480p crazy... And yeah the rest of my family's all Verizon... Just like the rest of my family is only Toyota... I'm the odd one out with T-Mobile and a Mitsubishi... And guess what? I wouldn't have it any other way love Mitsubishi and love T-mobile been with them for at least two years now... Plus I can pop my SIM card into any Android device I want? Even 2G old flip phones? Yes please.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (12-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I just recognized that... Every time I view a video it only go to 480p crazy... And yeah the rest of my family's all Verizon... Just like the rest of my family is only Toyota... I'm the odd one out with T-Mobile and a Mitsubishi... And guess what? I wouldn't have it any other way love Mitsubishi and love T-mobile been with them for at least two years now... Plus I can pop my SIM card into any Android device I want? Even 2G old flip phones? Yes please.
    "You can use the full speed you paid for - except when watching videos!"

Ah, watching videos. You know, the one and only thing the average person does that would actually benefit from a fast connection.

Name:  312.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  41.0 KB

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-13-2020),Fummins (12-14-2020),MirageRally (12-13-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good video, you are a smooth driver of your Mirage in rainy conditions. I actually always liked the look of the Mirage's interior. Somehow that was my focus at first with your video.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't imagine to now. Most have to work from home and now have to battle other people watching videos. Working from home can be great but only if you have great internet lol. It's crazy how much we become dependent on technology... Example I saw a couple the other day as I was walking at the park and what are they doing? Texting each other... While walking side by side...!!! Um-uh-huh...What! Kids won't even look up from their phones nowadays... It's gotten so bad....Even to the point where they walk out in front of the street not looking both ways...I had a flip phone until 2019! And if I had my way I wouldn't even have a phone! But ya know in case ya get lost...Might need one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Good video, you are a smooth driver of your Mirage in rainy conditions. I actually always liked the look of the Mirage's interior. Somehow that was my focus at first with your video.
    Thank you, I try to drive as smooth as I can and what's really weird is the camera is somewhat tilted but my head and the camera itself were perfectly straight? So I don't know why it looked like I was leaning to the left but oh well.