Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Nissan CVT's FAIL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    For what its worth i've known 3 altima / maxima owners with cvt they've all failed under 100k miles. One failed at 85km!
    Well, it's Nissan so....it's odd that the company owns Jatco and they haven't a clue as to what to do with what they have, they're constantly mismatching their transmissions to their engines. Toyota and their Aisin transmission line does know thankfully. I don't personally find any issues with CVT's in general, I just like my cars to be as reliable as possible, especially the newest ones. With the level of tech available to auto manufactures these days catastrophic failures of major parts just shouldn't happen. Any company that can't get their ducks in a row need to fade away. Sadly Nissan is steadily heading down that road to nowhere....they were once a force to be reckoned with.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-16-2020)

And I have another car that won't move. Sounds like cvt. 2015 260,000km Damnit.... it's in the middle of bf no where and I have to go get it with a trailer.

Should I start a new thread or just add on to one of the others I started?
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-15-2020 at 05:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    And I have another car that won't move. Sounds like cvt. 2015 260,000km Damnit.... it's in the middle of bf no where and I have to go get it with a trailer.
    I've got the crisis hotline on standby for Dirk...
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 12-15-2020 at 05:52 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-15-2020),Top_Fuel (12-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Should I start a new thread or just add on to one of the others I started?
    Well then. Spoke too soon on the reliability of these CVT's in our Mirages, lol. As with everything though I'm sure there are good and bad. Hopefully it's not the CVT....but you'd know of course

Down 3 cars today alone!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Down 3 cars today alone!
    Time to get some replacements?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-15-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Down 3 cars today alone!
    All cvt issues?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    All cvt issues?
    Sorry Dirk, I shoulda replied sooner! Just the one cvt crapped out. Fluid is black. I was told that it didn't move but I backed it onto a trailer. Didn't run it for long though, I'm hoping it might just be that same effing bearing. This one acts differently than the 2017 with the broken clutch drum.

The other two were in accidents. Both cars had people make left turns in front of them and they hit them pretty hard likely writing both Mirages off. Drivers were ok though. Likely will be replaced with mini cargo vans as needs are a changin.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry Dirk, I shoulda replied sooner! Just the one cvt crapped out. Fluid is black. I was told that it didn't move but I backed it onto a trailer. Didn't run it for long though, I'm hoping it might just be that same effing bearing. This one acts differently than the 2017 with the broken clutch drum.

The other two were in accidents. Both cars had people make left turns in front of them and they hit them pretty hard likely writing both Mirages off. Drivers were ok though. Likely will be replaced with mini cargo vans as needs are a changin.
    In case it isn't said enough, thank you for giving us updates on the real world long term reliability of our little Mirage's Sorry to hear about the total losses of two of them, thankfully the drivers are ok!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-16-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Thanks Fummy. So your Mirage fleet is under 30 cars now? Your business switching over to vans?