Thread: 15 CVT non-keyless Mirage. Aftermarket Remote Start Recommendations

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

15 CVT non-keyless Mirage. Aftermarket Remote Start Recommendations

Hi,

I live in a part of Canada where it gets pretty cold for a lot of months.
    I looked into the OEM Remote starter for this car and the cost is just crazy. like $1500+

I would really like to have an OEM remote starter installed. There is a guy who is really trustworthy that I've had him do minor stuff like speaker upgrades in the past.
    He sells a remote starter and installs it himself. But he will install any remote starter as long as it will work.

I am wondering is it best to go off of his recommendations or do you guys the Mirage community have any recommendations on a good model to get without breaking the bank.

I don't want to have something installed into my car that will cause me more headaches in the long run.

On a side note. I've already purchased a better battery with more cold-crank amps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As long as you trust the guy and he does good work I don't see why it would be a bad thing. I don't know what the equivalent of an aftermarket is in Canada but where I live we use viper start for aftermarket remote start. The aftermarket would vary depending on time, cost, and labor. It's up to you but hopefully somebody else can chime in here with experience.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The selling dealer of mine refused to get OEM one on. (They said they've never done one and heard one before. LOL)

Anyway, they sent it out to a shop to get idatastart instead. It's been a year and actually a decent one, long-range starting headlight flashing confirmation.
    Seen some folks at my workplace uses same remote starter on Mustang, Chevy, etc with no problem
    The only concern is that fob I've been using is cracked and loose sometimes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MigWay For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, my concern is how well the shop wires it up. I've seen some where people wire it and later on it comes loose or it's not plugged in good enough. I saw one where the engine kept starting and stopping because the connection was very loose and the guy paid upwards of $200 for it.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles