Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket radio/headunit

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Aftermarket radio/headunit

Hello everyone, I am trying to replace my headunit in my 2019 misubishi mirage ES. It has the stock 7 inch basic touch panel in it. I am wondering what the 3 harnesses back there are for. I know one of them are power and then one of the small ones are for the reverse single (I am getting an adapter so it goes to AV signal on the new unit) Is the thick gray one a satellite single cable for the HD radio stations? Or is there more to it? I have seen aftermarket headunits in these before just need to know what can be left unplugged or "repurposed" like the back up signal wire.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Codeman2021 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeman2021 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am trying to replace my headunit in my 2019 misubishi mirage ES. It has the stock 7 inch basic touch panel in it. I am wondering what the 3 harnesses back there are for. I know one of them are power and then one of the small ones are for the reverse single (I am getting an adapter so it goes to AV signal on the new unit) Is the thick gray one a satellite single cable for the HD radio stations? Or is there more to it? I have seen aftermarket headunits in these before just need to know what can be left unplugged or "repurposed" like the back up signal wire.
    Hello Codeman2021 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I'm not much help as I don't have a display audio radio. Hopefully someone else with more experience will stop by and lend a hand.

Have you looked around for threads that cover replacing radios?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know, I just joined the forum, is there a chance you can point me in the right direction?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know, I just joined the forum, is there a chance you can point me in the right direction?
    Try a search using the terms 'radio replacement'

Replacing radios have been done with these cars, so it's definitely doable. In fact, you can put your old radio up for sale here - I'm sure there's some owners looking to upgrade.

So what exactly are you looking for? If you want a louder sound, Rockford Fosgate has developed an amp and subwoofer system specifically for the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just wanted to be able to do navigation, so I got a 0 inch android headunit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just wanted to be able to do navigation, so I got a 0 inch android headunit
    There's a forum member by the name Dodge Aries K who makes the rounds and has replaced a few of these radios. Be patient and hopefully he can help you out. In the meantime, look for some of his posts. Using the Advanced Search found at the top of the page, search using your keywords by the User Name "Dodge Aries K"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will definitely be on the lookout

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Codeman2021 have you seen this thread?

I need help! I need this parts part number ASAP!

Sounds similar to what you are after?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Kinda, except all I wanna make sure is that I can keep one of the harnesses unplugged. The one I am talking about especially is the long thick gray cable (I am assuming this is a satellite radio cable) just because the aftermarket android headunit does not have a plug to use that cable

Also this headunit works for all mirages from 2014 to 2020 so I assume it's best just to replace it if it's the base SE model headunit like mine or the even older one that isn't touch screen

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Kinda, except all I wanna make sure is that I can keep one of the harnesses unplugged. The one I am talking about especially is the long thick gray cable (I am assuming this is a satellite radio cable) just because the aftermarket android headunit does not have a plug to use that cable

Also this headunit works for all mirages from 2014 to 2020 so I assume it's best just to replace it if it's the base SE model headunit like mine or the even older one that isn't touch screen
    How about a picture?

(blank signature)