Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Smart Key Button Not Working After applied sound insulation.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Mirage Smart Key Button Not Working After applied sound insulation.

hello

my name is Robby

recently i purchased 2nd hand mirage exceed 2017

2 weeks ago i got my mirage sound insulation full body and roof. the result was quite good.

but the new problem appear, keyless indicator on dashboard lights up. and smart key button on the door is not working
    but the remote still working if i press. i assumed some cable maybe not connected.

i ask the local workshop but they also dont understand....

i wonder if someone can help me about keyless smart entry cable, or maybe i get wrong with my assumtion about cable.

please help me, thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Hello Robby and welcome to the forum.

Try replacing the battery in your transponder (remote) with a fresh battery and see if that helps. Be sure that it’s a fresh battery and not one that’s been sitting on the shelf for a few years.

Also please stop back and let us know how this goes. Too often people come here asking for help and advice but don’t report back with their solution. It really benefits everyone to share our findings - it’s what this forum is here for.
    Last edited by Eggman; 12-17-2020 at 11:14 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    thank you for you reply Eggman, i already changed the battery with new energizer 2032, but sadly not working.
    im just curious is there any cable behind the door or somewhere else that cause smart entry button not working.

im a bit disappointed with my local sound insulation workshop, but also glad with the sound result.

Quote Originally Posted by bringbreak View Post
    thank you for you reply Eggman, i already changed the battery with new energizer 2032, but sadly not working.
    im just curious is there any cable behind the door or somewhere else that cause smart entry button not working.

im a bit disappointed with my local sound insulation workshop, but also glad with the sound result.
    It's possible the button came unplugged inside the door. Does the button in the hatch or other door(if it has more than one button)work like it's supposed to? I thought the indicator on the dash usually lights up when it senses a low battery in the fob.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's possible the button came unplugged inside the door. Does the button in the hatch or other door(if it has more than one button)work like it's supposed to? I thought the indicator on the dash usually lights up when it senses a low battery in the fob.
    hello Fummins, thanks for your reply. unfortunately when sound insulation installation i was not in workshop, i took the car when finished already.

The indicator just light up constantly and not flashing. i tried find internet about smart key cable for mirage, but get zero result.

i have no experience opening door trim, is there any tutorial disassembly mirage ?

This should explain how to remove the door panel. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-replacement The only picture I didn't see was how to remove the cables from the door handle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    This should explain how to remove the door panel. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-replacement The only picture I didn't see was how to remove the cables from the door handle.
    thank you for the information.

btw i forgot to mention this:
    when my local workshop doing insulation process, i let the car in "P" position and hand brake on, and of course its unlock.
    then i bring the remote key with me to go lunch pretty far outside workshop around 2-3 hours.

is it possible the system no longer recognize the remote? (bcuz i let the car unlock)
    im just curious if this is also a cause of problem

Doubtful, if it didn't recognize the remote your car probably wouldn't start. I don't have any Mirages with push button start though, all the ones here use regular keys.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbreak View Post
    hello

my name is Robby

recently i purchased 2nd hand mirage exceed 2017

2 weeks ago i got my mirage sound insulation full body and roof. the result was quite good.

but the new problem appear, keyless indicator on dashboard lights up. and smart key button on the door is not working
    but the remote still working if i press. i assumed some cable maybe not connected.

i ask the local workshop but they also dont understand....

i wonder if someone can help me about keyless smart entry cable, or maybe i get wrong with my assumtion about cable.

please help me, thank you
    When the shop removed the center console to do the insulation did they break (or unplug) the really small wire that goes to the keyless fob reader in the center console. That wire is very very thin and incredibly easy to break. That will give you a error if it was broken or not plugged back into the console.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    When the shop removed the center console to do the insulation did they break (or unplug) the really small wire that goes to the keyless fob reader in the center console. That wire is very very thin and incredibly easy to break. That will give you a error if it was broken or not plugged back into the console.
    after 2 days searching problem, and no cable damage.

finally i found that the main problem is on the sound insulation material, i use light material which is "aluminium" so the signal was blocked, so i cut some material and then the problem solved.

thank you guys for your reply

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bringbreak For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-20-2020),inuvik (12-20-2020),mohammad (10-01-2021)