Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 automatic after-market cruise control kit. But, the example video ...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe the vehicle is rated from Mitsubishi to be able to tow exactly 0lbs.

However, if I recall correctly the Mirage has a total loads capacity of like 700lbs or something. How much of that is towing is dependent on the tow hitch you end up putting on. The Curt one is rated at 2000lbs towing, 200lbs tongue weight. So minus a human or two and add the weight of the tow hitch itself and you're looking at maybe 400lbs of useful towing capacity.

The suspension is so soft, though, that you will be bottoming out the rear real hard. Others on the forum have swapped in Beetle springs if they are towing regularly (taller, slightly stiffer).

Edit: on mobile this forum is perfectly formatted so that when I try to scroll in the edit post screen, my finger hits the "Delete Post" button EVERY TIME

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage.owner View Post
    Again, thank you [and Dirk Diggler] for what seems to be a wealth of knowledge, in so few words.
    Too bad you didn't do a quick search or at least ask us before buying the Rostra unit. We could have saved you the expense and just activate the cruise control already built in to the Mirage ETACS.

I am curious, though. Has anyone ever pulled a small trailer with this vehicle? I recall my dad having the suspension changed on his '76 Pontiac Catalina station wagon, to pull the camper. But I'm thinking about a trailer the size of the car (+/-); without having to alter the suspension. I can only assume that it wouldn't be feasible.
    There's been a good discussion on the subject here:

Why Cant i tow with a mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm only thinking about a Christmas tree, or something around that weight.

Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm only thinking about a Christmas tree, or something around that weight.

Thanks
    You'll be fine. I've used mine for lawn tractors & have no problem...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question 2015 Mirage Ground question

Finally getting back to finishing the Rostra after-market cruise control installation. I thought the installation was all "plug-and-play". No mention of a ground in either the video, or the instructions provided by Rostra. Obviously the ground wire needs to go somewhere. It couldn't be easier, as it has a flat loop attached at the end, for a screw.

HOWEVER ... I didn't access the cigarette lighter, and the black wire - that is screwed to the frame at the fuse box -looks prime for a ground. My question, though, is whether manufacturers still utilize screws, or if the frame is threaded? I don't want to remove the screw, only to hear a nut fall into the fender area.

Any input would be appreciated. I got the run-around when I asked the dealership, from which I bought it. Of course, they're not a Mitsubishi dealership. The closest Mitsubishi dealership is an hour+ away.

I'll include a pictureName:  20201230_111232.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  82.1 KB.

... I tried uploading a pic, don't know if it will show.

You mean this one? Attachment 20240 you’re fine to remove the bolt, it either has a welded nut or threads of some kind. I’m pretty sure it’s very uncommon for a car to have but and bolt fasteners nowadays.

Sorry I never did look at my cruise wiring. I figured you’d be good after having the instructions. Let me know if you need anything?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mirage.owner (01-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Moderator's note: combined the two threads on Mirage.owner's Rostra cruise control installation and moved to a more appropriate sub-forum to keep the project & discussion easier to track and easier to find in the future.

By the way Mirage.owner, any updates? Hope you got things straightened out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Moderator's note: combined the two threads on Mirage.owner's Rostra cruise control installation and moved to a more appropriate sub-forum to keep the project & discussion easier to track and easier to find in the future.

By the way Mirage.owner, any updates? Hope you got things straightened out.
    Unscrewed the screw, (one-twelfth of a turn at a time*) secured the ground wire (along with the original wires), and still ... no power to it; which I suspected. I must have connected something incorrectly. *The fuse box blocks direct access with a socket.