Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi tops least likely to have check engine on.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    One of my best buds just off'd his Kia for a Toyota minivan. The Sorento was a 4 cylinder and it was burning oil like nobody's bidness. He had it at the dealer many times, they never truly fixed the oil burning. He had a couple other large powertrain issues covered by the dealer. And then the shift interlock failed and seems like for whatever reason the dealer wouldn't cover that, and it was going to cost him $400 or so. It required the replacement of some ECU (not the powertrain ECU, something smaller). So, his wife would just jam a crotchet tool down in the shifter interlock release and drive with the tool jammed in there.

After dealing with that shift interlock and what it was going to cost, he let a dealer have it and got a Toyota. A Sienna hybrid and says he's getting mid 30's mpg. Was getting low 20's with the Sorento 4 cylinder.
    Wife has the v6 version. I know nothing about them. A co-worker has an older sante fe v6 that has low compression in one cylinder causing random missfire. But it's been like that for over a year now. They're wanting to ditch it, it's got around 100,000 miles I believe? Oh well, I'll hopefully have a sketchy as frig scissor lift at home next year so I can fix it when it breaks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'd love to see the ranking of the Mirage regarding repair costs......
    Name:  lowest avg repair cost.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  51.7 KB

They say they get their info from an amagamation or whatever of info from carMD's reports annually from 1996 to 2020. I dunno, depends where you're getting your car repaired too. I guess they take that into account?

Most people on here find the Mitsubishi dealer experience to be sketchy, with some exceptions like Mark says his not-so-local local Mitsu dealer is great. Sometimes the audience, sometimes the standup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Most people on here find the Mitsubishi dealer experience to be sketchy, with some exceptions
    I like my Mitsubishi dealer - Sunnyside Mitsubishi in Middleburg Heights. I'll recommend them every chance I get.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)

I love the Mitsu dealer nearest to me. Just kidding they were severely lacking in every way possible. Everyone I spoke to from the service desk to the parts desk. Their "techs" couldn't fix cars, the one cvt they replaced had cross threaded bolts in plain view that weren't even tight, and they didn't tighten down the air intake clamps, and left the breather hose on the back of the valve cover un-hooked until I noticed it well after the fact. But that place seemed to go through staff fairly often so who knows, maybe they hired some people that can count to potato by now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would recommend Mitsubishi Mirage for sure.

As long as people know what they're buying, and not having unrealistic expectations. Everyone has heard this already, but I had some issues with my local dealer and them recognizing manufacturer's defects and warranty posts they were clueless about. Secondly I have found the 10 year warranty is a bit of a sales ploy. Most stuff isn't covered after the 5 year new car warranty portion runs out.

After that 5 years, you're largely on your own. So the 10 year warranty Mitsubishi advertises and is famous for... kinda a sales ploy to get people to buy one of their cars. Kinda repeated myself there, oh well. My Mitsubishi actually always felt/looked higher quality than the $12,495 Canadian (2014) plus taxes I paid.

My check engine light has been on for almost 2 years now, for an evap leak that doesn't smell inside so nothing to really worry about. Light turns off on its own sometimes.

Edit sorry my local dealer changed hands and staff 100% in the 7 years I have been in the Mitsubishi world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)

That would annoy me. I would try to figure out what's wrong and fix it. The dealers just follow a diagnostics flow chart, or make a half assed attempt at it then throw their hands up. Most dealer techs probably get paid by piece work/book time, if they can't figure it out quickly they'd be fixing your car for next to nothing. Trouble shooting was non existent at our dealer. They wanted to replace a $1000+ etacs module hoping it might fix the problem our one car had. Bring a car in with a screwed cvt, they told me it needs spark plugs and a throttle body cleaning lol. Bah humbug!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's why I resort to a lot of the repairs myself.... it's just easier to do and if it becomes something major like an engine or transmission then I go to my 1 mechanic in town that will help fix it (if the dealer voids my warranty and won't fix it) or he'll help me look for another car... But yeah if people only have the dealer to help them then I can't imagine what they go through Many times it's not the car they have a problem with but can be the dealers themselves... Not always the case but often then not. Like White Bear and Sunnyside Mitsubishi... Great dealerships and they care for those customers, but other dealers do not and can leave a bad mark on the brand.

Edit: I don't like autocorrect...
    Last edited by MirageRally; 12-18-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm trying to figure out what local store sells either Vredestein Quatrac 5 14 inch tires, or Kumho Solus 14".. both all weather. I'm not picky. Canadian tire might but their website says they sell every imaginable tire. Annoying when stores are not in this century. With allweathers I wont have to worry about doing winter/summer tire changes.

My current used tires, all seasons, turned out to be way more used than I originally thought, they wore out real quick after only 6 months of driving. And I drive like I have an egg under the gas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm trying to figure out what local store sells either Vredestein Quatrac 5 14 inch tires, or Kumho Solus 14".. both all weather. I'm not picky. Canadian tire might but their website says they sell every imaginable tire. Annoying when stores are not in this century. With allweathers I wont have to worry about doing winter/summer tire changes.

My current used tires, all seasons, turned out to be way more used than I originally thought, they wore out real quick after only 6 months of driving. And I drive like I have an egg under the gas.
    This might help?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/autom...ize=165-65-r14
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-18-2020)

I recommend quattro and pmc tire. They're both in quebec but they're cheaper than any shop out this way and free or cheap shipping delivered to Oilberta within 10 days. Might not be such a great deal if your local shops charge crazy fees to swap tires over though. But they sell them mounted,balanced and ready to go as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)