Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi tops least likely to have check engine on.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi tops least likely to have check engine on.

https://www.thedetroitbureau.com/202...gine-light-on/

True. All of our Sonics have the engine light on. I gave up trying to fix those turd pails. It sucks for people who own cars that have factory remote starts, they don't work if the cel is on regardless of the reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...those turd pails.
    I got a good chuckle out of that. That's what I think of Hyundai-Kia. Although I'm sure they're better than a lot, especially the Euro-trash (except Porsche). H-K has a black eye to me because I left Toyota to join H-K (the Warden's fault) and it was crap compared to Toyota.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-18-2020)

Damnit, just when I was thinking they weren't all that bad. The wife just bought a 2020 Sorento last November. I hope that thing isn't a steaming pile in 5 years. It had better last at least 10 years. It's the last new car she's buying unless we find a big stash of money somewhere lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Damnit, just when I was thinking they weren't all that bad. The wife just bought a 2020 Sorento last November. I hope that thing isn't a steaming pile in 5 years. It had better last at least 10 years. It's the last new car she's buying unless we find a big stash of money somewhere lol
    The warranty will fix everything for 10 years if you keep it. Except for the random exploding engines and random burning oil issues kia and hyundai have vastly improved their quality. Shame its mostly in interior cabin quality and not engines :P

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    One of my best buds just off'd his Kia for a Toyota minivan. The Sorento was a 4 cylinder and it was burning oil like nobody's bidness. He had it at the dealer many times, they never truly fixed the oil burning. He had a couple other large powertrain issues covered by the dealer. And then the shift interlock failed and seems like for whatever reason the dealer wouldn't cover that, and it was going to cost him $400 or so. It required the replacement of some ECU (not the powertrain ECU, something smaller). So, his wife would just jam a crotchet tool down in the shifter interlock release and drive with the tool jammed in there.

After dealing with that shift interlock and what it was going to cost, he let a dealer have it and got a Toyota. A Sienna hybrid and says he's getting mid 30's mpg. Was getting low 20's with the Sorento 4 cylinder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought minivans would have disappeared a long time ago because of the crossover SUV craze? Definitely nice to see minivans are still going.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  check engine light.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  59.4 KB

They also have a chart of the "top 10" least expensive cars to repair, and the Mirage gets 6th place. However the avg repair cost is over double the No. 1 ranking car with the cheapest repair bill, Hyundai Tuscon 2018.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'd love to see the ranking of the Mirage regarding repair costs......

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    The warranty will fix everything for 10 years if you keep it.
    Nope. That's what you guys get. We don't get the fancy mitsubishi warranty on kia's up here.
    So far the only problem with it is the sunroof. If the wife doesn't pitter patter and take it in to get fixed I'll just make sure it's closed an unplug the switch and hope it doesn't cause a cel.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Clessy (12-21-2020)