Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitsubishi tops least likely to have check engine on.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Attachment 20116

They say they get their info from an amagamation or whatever of info from carMD's reports annually from 1996 to 2020. I dunno, depends where you're getting your car repaired too. I guess they take that into account?

Most people on here find the Mitsubishi dealer experience to be sketchy, with some exceptions like Mark says his not-so-local local Mitsu dealer is great. Sometimes the audience, sometimes the standup.
    The 2 Mitsu dealers I dealt with were sh#t. Especially the one that got shut down for unethical business practices. Same dealer that lied about having the engine replaced, having the 100k mile warranty, and lied about free oil changes knowing damn well their store was getting shut down a month later.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The 2 Mitsu dealers I dealt with were sh#t. Especially the one that got shut down for unethical business practices. Same dealer that lied about having the engine replaced, having the 100k mile warranty, and lied about free oil changes knowing damn well their store was getting shut down a month later.
    All car brands can have good and bad dealers. My relatives in Michigan had that issue with a Nissan dealer closing its doors without notice or like warning, 3 months after buying their SUV. So that can happen.

When you buy a car you have to consider long term reliability of the particular car, but also the brand network. And as well, future parts/repair costs.
    I like Subaru's, but I think they are more expensive to keep on the road. Because of their unusual engines I would not trust just anyone to do oil changes, or any work on my car if I had the 2.0 L Subaru.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I recommend quattro and pmc tire. They're both in quebec but they're cheaper than any shop out this way and free or cheap shipping delivered to Oilberta within 10 days. Might not be such a great deal if your local shops charge crazy fees to swap tires over though. But they sell them mounted,balanced and ready to go as well.
    I've also used 4tires.ca in the past. They also are in Quebec & ship free. What I have done is tell a story to the garage that won't mount tires unless you buy from them. Tell them you want old tires removed so you can paint, clean etc. the rims. Most will do this. Mount your new tires yourself, put 3 ounces of balancing beds in them & you'r balanced for life... I had to do this on my VW as nobody could balance my "wide 5" stock rims anyway...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok I will have a look at 4tires.ca thanks. I have been trying to remember to call the local Dodge Chrysler dealer and see if they can order a set of all-weathers 14" Kohmo or Vredestein brands. See if I can get a 4 tires for the price of 3 deal.