Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Kumho Solus all weathers, so tricky to find at a store store

Tpms can be annoying but if I had it in mine I would have 4 matching tires right now lol... I considered buying a bunch of those cheapo chine setups but never have.

I can't remember if I mentioned this or not..A co-workers 2016 ram has tpms. He bought a set of new take off wheels and tire set up with the tpms, identical to the set he already had on the truck. He was able to just bolt the "new" wheels on and drive it. They programmed themselves, no stupid annoying pita relearn procedure was needed. Mind you his sensors were already set up for that type of vehicle unlike blank unprogrammed sensors, but the system on the truck itself is smart. You can rotate the tires and you don't need to manually relearn which wheel is where after, it figures it out on its own. It's basically magic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Tpms can be annoying but if I had it in mine I would have 4 matching tires right now lol... I considered buying a bunch of those cheapo chine setups but never have.

I can't remember if I mentioned this or not..A co-workers 2016 ram has tpms. He bought a set of new take off wheels and tire set up with the tpms, identical to the set he already had on the truck. He was able to just bolt the "new" wheels on and drive it. They programmed themselves, no stupid annoying pita relearn procedure was needed. Mind you his sensors were already set up for that type of vehicle unlike blank unprogrammed sensors, but the system on the truck itself is smart. You can rotate the tires and you don't need to manually relearn which wheel is where after, it figures it out on its own. It's basically magic.
    I used the TPMS on my 2015 Chevy Impala to check psi on each tire. It takes 15 seconds to check all four tires before a student driving lesson, which is sort of nice. You also know which tire needs air.

The Mirage system is quite worthless. You may know you have a bad tire which is helpful, but you wouldn't know which one. You don't give away your tire gauges when owning a Mirage with TPMS.

I believe someone shared SAAB had cars that automatically learned whatever sensors were on the car, & that was decades ago. The Mitsubishi system is lame & way more difficult than it needs to be.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What are they pressurized to? Would you pump them up or do you leave your tires' air pressures at their rated amount?
    Left them at their rated pressure. I'm not sure where my tire pressure gauge is anymore.

I went back to the tire place today for the 2nd appointment, this time they manually upped torquing the tires after 50-100 km's of driving. Maybe this is what they do, he used a hand torque wrench maybe 15" long with good leverage. I dunno, seemed to move the Mirage a bit but he seemed like he knew what he was doing with tires.

Good thing my new mini chest freezer wasn't in there however lol.

Hubcaps are back on, the original ones that look like flowers. The tire guy said the winter tires do make the ride feel more floaty. The grooves in the Hankooks is super deep, yet still a very narrow tire. I hope they do well and last at least 4-5 winters like the sales guy says.

I thought my Mirage came standard with a TPMS? I dunno. I can't find my 2014 brochure. Where are they located?
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-13-2021 at 10:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

It’s called a torque wrench. And tpms sensors are usually screwed to the back side of the valve stem. You’d never see it unless you break the bead. I recommend googling stuff like this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Left them at their rated pressure. I'm not sure where my tire pressure gauge is anymore.

I went back to the tire place today for the 2nd appointment, this time they manually upped torquing the tires after 50-100 km's of driving. Maybe this is what they do, he used a hand torque wrench maybe 15" long with good leverage. I dunno, seemed to move the Mirage a bit but he seemed like he knew what he was doing with tires.

Good thing my new mini chest freezer wasn't in there however lol.

Hubcaps are back on, the original ones that look like flowers. The tire guy said the winter tires do make the ride feel more floaty. The grooves in the Hankooks is super deep, yet still a very narrow tire. I hope they do well and last at least 4-5 winters like the sales guy says.

I thought my Mirage came standard with a TPMS? I dunno. I can't find my 2014 brochure. Where are they located?
    If you are driving around with new wheels without sensors & your dash light isn't on, you don't have TPMS.

Winter tires give the car a slightly different feel. I haven't seen a 165/65r14 Hankook snow tires offered here, but they look like a good snow tire.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-14-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Gotcha Mark. I believe you, I missed the part of the thread there.

I will keep an eye on tire pressure myself then from now on. I feel like there has been a case of false advertising that Mitsubishi says they have TPMS for the 2014 Mirage. I can't find the brochure now. My nephew may have all my car brochures now, because he loves cars and the EVO brochure is practically a collector's item.

Anyway, I'm liking my new winters, more floaty ride now. I hope they do what they're supposed to in the winter. I'm not expecting miracles, but more confident handling in bad driving conditions never hurt. I take it easy in bad weather.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)