Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kumho Solus all weathers, so tricky to find at a store store

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Having good tires during the winter months is always a good investment in my mind.

I like using local independent tire shops whenever possible.

$650 sounds like a lot of money for snow tires, but I also know Canadian prices can be quite different.
    Name:  winterized.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  84.0 KB

I have my new winters on now. I have to go back tomorrow for retorquing (??) so that's why my hubcaps aren't back on.

I don't really get why I need to return again tomorrow, but anyways. Also, I did not have my TPMS set up with my winters. There is additional costs. I can live with a light on my dash. No light came on so far.

Hankook's have really deep thread. Ride feels a little bit more "gooey" but mostly the same. Fuel economy numbers are also up a little, but I need a few days to really see.

Taxes are 13% and the I Pike Hankooks were $119.37 a piece, plus labour. So yeah ended up at $648.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

What size did you go with?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    165/65R14s, on my original steelies. They've seen better days. He said they would clean them up where need be, but not for cosmetics. That's fine, they're steelies. As long as the rest of the car doesn't have rust, I'm happy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Name:  winterized.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  84.0 KB

I have my new winters on now. I have to go back tomorrow for retorquing (??) so that's why my hubcaps aren't back on.

I don't really get why I need to return again tomorrow, but anyways. Also, I did not have my TPMS set up with my winters. There is additional costs. I can live with a light on my dash. No light came on so far.

Hankook's have really deep thread. Ride feels a little bit more "gooey" but mostly the same. Fuel economy numbers are also up a little, but I need a few days to really see.

Taxes are 13% and the I Pike Hankooks were $119.37 a piece, plus labour. So yeah ended up at $648.
    Do you have TPMS on a Canadian Mirage? I believe it's not mandatory there.

Your dash light will never will never come if TPMS doesn't exist.

I wouldn't go back, unless you don't own a tire wrench.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think TPMS is standard on all Mirage's in Canada. Even the base models, and from day 1. I think.

You are right: "TPMS isn’t mandatory in Canada, and so far, there are no plans to make it so."

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/tire-safety/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-13-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Ride feels a little bit more "gooey" but mostly the same.
    What are they pressurized to? Would you pump them up or do you leave your tires' air pressures at their rated amount?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think TPMS is standard on all Mirage's in Canada. Even the base models, and from day 1. I think.
    I believe it's the opposite of that, & none of them have TPMS in Canada. If a single sensor doesn't register, the light comes on. All four missing would give you a warning light.

Your dash light will never will never come if TPMS doesn't exist.

I wouldn't go back, unless you don't own a tire wrench.
    No. I don’t think tpms was even an option on the mirage in Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No. I don’t think tpms was even an option on the mirage in Canada.
    That would be a good gig for dishonest tire shops. Sell/add sensors to customers who don't have TPMS. This is a case where that could have happened, because he's convinced he has TPMS.

TPMS is a joke. Adding new sensors to keep your system working is most likely going to cost someone $120+. Paying $200+ wouldn't be unheard of.

Yet, you can buy an aftermarket TPMS kit that gives you way more information about your wheels for under $60 quite easily. Be thankful it's not on your Mirages.