Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage are here!

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

If you're a car critic, does this update warranty a test drive?

How could anyone go on & on about how this updated model is so much better than the previous model?
    Probably not. As someone who does write a few reviews a year still for a couple of outlets, it's unlikely this will even be in the press fleets. It's really just an exterior refresh with some upholstery changes.

Canada price increase & HEATED STEERING WHEEL!

Yikes!

"Entry-level ES trim sees its price go up by nearly $1,600 to $13,858 with a manual transmission"

(Prices = Canadian pesos)

Also, the top trim "GT"...

"the new MSRP is $20,158, a $1,060 bump compared to the 2020 model."

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatur...-higher-price/

But at least it comes with a heated steering wheel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Probably not. As someone who does write a few reviews a year still for a couple of outlets, it's unlikely this will even be in the press fleets. It's really just an exterior refresh with some upholstery changes.
    On a positive note - If you are someone who has had a Mirage for a longer period (racked up a lot of miles) & you are at the point where you thinking of replacing it, you can basically buy the same car today.

I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain of the Mirage. Each year it continues to be offered is good in my mind. There's been some excitement over the 2021, but it's not really not that different the 2017+ Mirage. If the minor update keeps the Mirage in North America, I am good with that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yikes!

"Entry-level ES trim sees its price go up by nearly $1,600 to $13,858 with a manual transmission"

(Prices = Canadian pesos)

Also, the top trim "GT"...

"the new MSRP is $20,158, a $1,060 bump compared to the 2020 model."

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatur...-higher-price/

But at least it comes with a heated steering wheel.

This is related to a point that I am trying to make but not clearly maybe?

The ES, LE, Carbonite Edition have all the same features except the ES has steel rims. We have 3 trim levels that are quite loaded & one very loaded SE trim level. The bottom three trims really aren't that different. A cheaper base model has been lost in the process. I am not willing to pay more for a Mirage based on extra features. Adding features for more money makes a Mirage unattractive for me. Why have 4 trim levels & three of them are basically the same? It makes no sense to me?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why have 4 trim levels & three of them are basically the same? It makes no sense to me?
    Because it makes more money for Mitsubishi??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Exactly. More trim levels equals more moneys!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Because it makes more money for Mitsubishi??
    If going to an 2021 ES CVT to an LE CVT gets you 14" alloy wheels & nothing else, I would surely price alloy wheels. A 2020 LE got you 15" alloy wheels, heated seats, & few other little things at least. The middle trim levels got downgraded in 2021. Seems like you're just paying more for less? It may make Mitsubishi more money?

I do think families looking for an affordable extra vehicle or two would be drawn to a more affordable Mirage with a few less features. Otherwise, I see people overlooking the Mirage & going the used car route. The pricing (huge discounts) of a Mirage pulled me from looking at the used market.

The appeal of the Mirage is its affordability, reliability, & economy. I believe pricing a Mirage to high would make people lose interest pretty fast, but maybe I am wrong?

My first sort is a manual transmission. Thus, I never seen the other trim levels (except a few used 2017 SE) when window shopping for Mirages.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-23-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Where's the sweet 1970's seat cover material they promised us?!?

Attachment 20135
    According to Mitsubishi's website it is only available on the top-trim SE version. It is actually a pleather/plaid combo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    According to Mitsubishi's website it is only available on the top-trim SE version. It is actually a pleather/plaid combo.
    If you want all the offered features (15" alloy, heated seats, push button start, etc....), they are only found on the 2021 SE trim level. The SE has it all without a manual transmission option of course.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/med...pecs_EN_V2.pdf
    Starting at $13,858 MSRPΔ
    Just saw the update on Canadian website...

More willing to keep my 2019, but would like to know if we could upgrade 6.5" unit to 7" unit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)