Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage are here!

Quote Originally Posted by MigWay View Post
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/med...pecs_EN_V2.pdf
    Starting at $13,858 MSRPΔ
    Just saw the update on Canadian website...

More willing to keep my 2019, but would like to know if we could upgrade 6.5" unit to 7" unit.
    How did you find that? I've been looking lately and still can't find any mention of the 2021 Mirage anywhere on the Mitsu Canada website.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

The "public" site (www.mitsubishi-motors.ca) doesn't show it yet, but the media site does, under the "models" menu and in the latest press release: https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...-january-2021/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-06-2021),inuvik (01-06-2021)

Fancy!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

The "new" Mirage is finally on the retail part of Mitsu canada's site. I guess if you want a 5 speed and cruise you gotta go find a 2019 or older model, go aftermarket or try to piece together parts and enable it.

If you want a 5 speed it comes only in base model trim and you get a choice of grey or for an extra $450 you can have it in white. That's it. Same goes for the base ES cvt model.

So if you want cruise control and/or a color other than white or grey you have to fork out at least $17,158(cad) for the SE model. If you want fog lights or heated seats that'll cost you $20,158 for the GT racecar edition.

I know things are get more expensive every year but it looks like they're making the base model far less appealing and more expensive to the point that I'd giving competition a hard look before considering the Mirage as a new car.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-20-2021),MetroMPG (01-20-2021)

Cray zee.

They're just trying to get people used to paying CUV/SUV prices ... so when they discontinue the Mirage in the next year or 2, there will be less sticker shock at the price difference for whatever their "entry-level" CUV/SUV will be!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-20-2021)

Yup, a base rvr is what, maybe 3k more than a loaded Mirage and it comes with cruise. I'll admit I do like sitting up higher and having more power in my truck or even the wife's Sorento but it makes a lot more sense to just keep driving the cheap car. Besides, I'm basically guaranteed I won't get a stunting or speeding ticket in the Mirage, it's kinda like being castrated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The "new" Mirage is finally on the retail part of Mitsu canada's site. I guess if you want a 5 speed and cruise you gotta go find a 2019 or older model, go aftermarket or try to piece together parts and enable it.

If you want a 5 speed it comes only in base model trim and you get a choice of grey or for an extra $450 you can have it in white. That's it. Same goes for the base ES cvt model.

So if you want cruise control and/or a color other than white or grey you have to fork out at least $17,158(cad) for the SE model. If you want fog lights or heated seats that'll cost you $20,158 for the GT racecar edition.

I know things are get more expensive every year but it looks like they're making the base model far less appealing and more expensive to the point that I'd giving competition a hard look before considering the Mirage as a new car.
    A 1990 economy car (1.3L, 63 hp, 5-speed) that I drove until 2004 didn't have -

Power window
    Remote power lock/unlock
    Power steering
    Intermittent wipers
    A/C
    cabin air filter
    cruise control
    tachometer
    ABS/traction/stability control
    factory radio/speakers/antenna
    air bags
    TPMS
    4-doors
    14" wheels (had 12")
    plastic door trim (had metal with a patch of padded vinyl)

I can't speak for how a 1990's Metro was furnished, but a base level Festiva (Mazda design, KIA built, Ford sold) didn't have any of the above features. I did add a radio/speakers/antenna, & I would have liked cruise. Outside of that, none of the missing features really mattered. I appreciated being able to purchase the car for $5,300 brand new. Adding features & cost would have made the car less appealing.

Obviously, some things have become mandated like air bags, TPMS, & backup cameras in the States.

The Festiva handled better than the Mirage. I attribute that to no power steering. The Festiva was also superior in the snow. I attribute that to the narrow 145SR12 tires.

It took 3 attempts to climb the hill as I left my driveway the other day with the Mirage. I had to back down twice after not making it to the top. I had to go to a spot that was flat & make a faster run at it. Finally, the third time I reached the top. This is with snow tires on the front, too. Once I got on the main highways, the roads were good. I never had this issue with the Festiva,& it never had snow tires. I don't remember that car ever getting stuck or not climbing the same hills. The same cannot be said of the Mirage. Thankfully, I also have an AWD vehicle when needed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-20-2021),inuvik (01-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I didn't even get a chance to post about how much I appreciate my 2015 ES with turn-signal mirrors and I got it at a great price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I didn't even get a chance to post about how much I appreciate my 2015 ES with turn-signal mirrors and I got it at a great price.
    And one for you!
    Attachment 20452

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-20-2021)