Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2021 Mirage are here!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Given today's air bags, hand placement is a bit more important these days. I know someone who had both wrists broken when their hands were place on the top of the steering wheel on impact.

The factory Mirage center armrest is a joke. It's nice to have if you want shift your body in the seat a bit. I can rest my arm on the armrest and hold the steering wheel properly with my other vehicle. The same cannot be said with the Mirage factory armrest. Aftermarket ones look more appealing.

The rear seat armrest is about impressing your passengers in the rear. I've had one passenger since 2017, & that was for a 10 mile drive.

I wish the rear seat in the hatch folded & flipped forward, creating a flat floor in the back. You shouldn't have to remove the rear seats to create a space like that. Cars built 30 years ago were superior to what rear seat on a Mirage does.
    I'm always impressed with the big volume of space my Mirage hatchback has.. with the seats folded down. Such a small car with big practicality.

I had a Danby 3.8 cu. ft chest freezer in my Mirage last week. Curbside pickup at Home Depot, last day before shutdown again.

I put it in sideways and I think I could have screwed up the frezeon gas. But still got it in with the trunk closed. Sits more level now in my house, but the non flat back seats is fine. It's so close to flat.

The good thing is that huge trunk that is the height of the car, not a boot. But then visibility is poor chalk full of stuff, and you drive onto your front yard when backing out lol.

Last edited by dspace9; 01-24-2021 at 06:51 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But safety! Think of the kids & families on the roads... There is no such thing as extreme when it comes to safety, right?
    I definitely think seeing is more than believin' when you're driving lol. Cars are easy to drive, all the windows on the car are there for a reason, why you have a horn, and not a perfume or cologne dispensing bottle on the steering wheel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    I can attest this is the case. I regularly have one or two back seat passengers, and with lots of legroom, soft suspension and rear seats centre arm rest, G4 is really a limo version of the hatchback.
    The Mirage does have a plushy ride. Winter tires make this car ride better for sure. I hear the ride is better on 2021 Mirages all the way to 2017, and then the old ones, like my 2013 build 2014 have worse rides.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm always impressed with the big volume of space my Mirage hatchback has.. with the seats folded down. Such a small car with big practicality.
    I've shared this before. I prefer hatchback seats that provides a flat floor or can be flatten to sleep on (31 second clip).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvoStEvIxM

Mirage rear seats are not a deal breaker, but they aren't anything special. The sedan does appear to offer more room for passengers, but I like my hatchbacks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (01-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've shared this before. I prefer hatchback seats that provides a flat floor or can be flatten to sleep on (31 second clip).

Mirage rear seats are not a deal breaker, but they aren't anything special. The sedan does appear to offer more room for passengers, but I like my hatchbacks.
    Yeah its no Honda Fit with magic seats. But the MPG is going to come in even more handy in the next few years as gas prices rise.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Sleeping in the Fiesta like that, you would still have the headrest digging up your butt even with an air mattress put in there nice and flush. Still I get what you mean now with more advanced, and better designs for seat folding than our newish Mirage's. Why have they gone backwards? Cost cutting I suspect. I still cram in lots of stuff in the back of my Mirage, to the detriment of safe backing out, I am safe but still I can fill up my Mirage and it becomes a truck with no windows. Mirage becomes one of those rare Astro vans delivery van.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sleeping in the Fiesta like that, you would still have the headrest digging up your butt even with an air mattress put in there nice and flush. Still I get what you mean now with more advanced, and better designs for seat folding than our newish Mirage's. Why have they gone backwards? Cost cutting I suspect. I still cram in lots of stuff in the back of my Mirage, to the detriment of safe backing out, I am safe but still I can fill up my Mirage and it becomes a truck with no windows. Mirage becomes one of those rare Astro vans delivery van.
    That may have been the upper trim level, because my 1990 Festiva did not have a split rear seat or removable front head rests. I liked the flat floor in the back with entire seat flipped forward. Better for hauling dogs or dead deer. My Mirage has an easier life.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That may have been the upper trim level, because my 1990 Festiva did not have a split rear seat or removable front head rests. I liked the flat floor in the back with entire seat flipped forward. Better for hauling dogs or dead deer. My Mirage has an easier life.
    The Mirage is great with the rear seats folded down, great for tossing whatever in. But I find the trunk itself on the Mirage hatch just tiny. Not enough for a week of groceries for a lot of people, especially if you're buying a 24 of pop. Trunk fills up fast. Tall, but very little amount of space this way between the seats and the hatch.

So, I think for many people the Mirage is a 1 or 2 people car. Hard to carry strollers and kids and groceries in the Mirage. I assume.

"Can" be a family car, but you can't haul stuff that easy, and have room in the back. Maybe some people do it. Many would have a second car.

Anyway Mirage is fine for just me, and I trade stuff for borrowing a truck now and again if I need to. Most people I know seem to want to get involved in anything related to my home renos anyway, thinking it's all fun and games ha ha but some of it is jokes for sure.

My new years resolution is to use my reusable grocery bin more regularly, and basically one week's worth of food goes in there and fits in my Mirage's trunk.., and that is the extent of it. Maybe one 8 kg bag of apples to the side and you're full.

Last edited by dspace9; 01-25-2021 at 02:10 AM.