Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda Fit catching up?

Yeah, the numbers will definitely be a bit worse for the manual. But in real world eco-driving, you'll more than likely still beat the CVT in city type driving. The open road is another matter though... all depends on the top gear and final drive ratios.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Our '11 base model FIT with the 5 speed auto has an overall average of 37.2 , http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cinder/fit . Be interesting what it could do with a C.V.T..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Our '11 base model FIT with the 5 speed auto has an overall average of 37.2 , http://www.fuelly.com/driver/cinder/fit . Be interesting what it could do with a C.V.T..
    Looks like you are beating the rating by a bit, and beating other users by a significant margin as well. Here in Canada the rating is 6.5l/100 combined, and you are doing better than that too. Congrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks , learned from owning a '07 Prius . Pulse and glide with other gas saving techniques . That was a fun car to drive . The better 1/2 and I competed for the better tank .

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I would love to have a small Honda except for the fact that it's not available in the Netherlands. The smallest I can buy in NL is the Jazz which has a base price of twice the Mirage. Irresponsible to buy it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Another thought...

I think it's likely that almost any newly redesigned vehicle we look at will be 'catching up' relative to the Mirage's economy. Stricter regulations, customer demand, and generally rising fuel prices will see to it.

What I wonder is whether Mitsu is going to squeeze more out of the Mirage... (and whether we'll see it outside of Europe/Japan)
    Maybe by adding a 6th gear?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No doubt the all-new Mazda2 will have the significant increase in EPA MPG rating with the company's Sky Active technology. So will the Toyota Yaris (it will be based on Mazda2 and built on the same factory in Mexico).

Toyota may not improve the fuel economy of the Yaris as much as they can: they don't want it to start stealing sales of the Prius C.

Mazda isn't as held back though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    No doubt the all-new Mazda2 will have the significant increase in EPA MPG rating with the company's Sky Active technology. So will the Toyota Yaris (it will be based on Mazda2 and built on the same factory in Mexico).
    For once it seems the "competition" I've heard about in free market economies is going my way! So often I am not the target demographic and they make stuff I don't want.

On the other hand, I am still waiting for a Suzuki Samurai with a small trubo-diesel engine to be re-introduced. Oh well, a fuel efficiency race will also be good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Test drove a '11 Mazda Sport with the 5 speed manual and had the smoothest engaging clutch along with precise shifting of all standards I've ever owned or tried . The Mazda 2 with SkyActiv should be amazing combo . Don't like the idea of direct fuel injection . Seen where people get high fuel dilution which harms the integrity of the motor oil . Especially with smaller engines and longer oil change intervals . Not a good thing .

Last edited by cinder; 01-15-2014 at 02:10 AM.