Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage review on MotoringTV, with new host Zack

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Split personality?

Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage review (Youtube... )

I'm glad to see he's come around, I guess? But it's really odd.
    Have you personally driven a 2017+ Mirage?

Yup.

Thread: Darin's test drive review notes: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan CVT

They're definitely better than the 2014/15 in some respects. But not in areas this reviewer originally complained about.

And not in the areas he praises this time around. It's a bit bizarre.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup. They're definitely better than the 2014/15 in some respects. But not in areas this reviewer originally complained about.
    I've only driven a 2018 (test drive locally) before ordering my 2017 from White Bear. I've never driven a 2014-15 myself.

I haven't watch the clips. What some people complain about are the things I like the best about a Mirage.

Yeah, this 2020 review almost immediately hits the 3 main PROs of the car that he completely overlooks in the 2014 review:

- cheap to buy
    - cheap to run
    - long warranty

"THIS CAR IS ALL ABOUT ECONOMY".

Complete 180.

Perplexing, but nice to see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Complete 180.

Perplexing, but nice to see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNEgc8pXcs

Here's the 2017 video where he talks about his old Colt. This review is for Driving Television. Same reviewer, but very different review. I like the part when he talks about the "online community panning him" for the negative review you are talking about. The one that says Mirages is styled from the MC Hammer era.

Zack the reviewer seems to flip flop a lot about Mirage over the years. Even more videos about the Mirage by the same dude can be found easily on youtube.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-07-2021)

I like the part when he talks about the "online community panning him"
    HAHA. I hadn't watched that one & didn't know that (or forgot?). Go us! We're famous.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-07-2021),MirageRally (02-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

Here's the 2017 video where he talks about his old Colt. This review is for Driving Television. Same reviewer, but very different review. I like the part when he talks about the "online community panning him" for the negative review you are talking about. The one that says Mirages is styled from the MC Hammer era.

Zack the reviewer seems to flip flop a lot about Mirage over the years. Even more videos about the Mirage by the same dude can be found easily on youtube.

Now that I actually watched the old clip (never saw that one) I remember Zach doing the review in 2017. I remember the story about his wife being encouraged to buy a new Colt instead of a used car, & he was making that same point with the new Mirage.

The huge discounts on Mirages are sometimes overlooked. I blame that on Mitsubishi marketing not the car critics.

In 2020, a 130 hp Honda Fit LX CVT had a MSRP of only $1,501 (including destination charge) more than a 78 hp Mitsubishi Mirage ES CVT.

I don't remember any car critics telling me I could buy a brand new Mirage for under $10,000 OTD in 2017. Heck, some of the Mitsubishi dealerships even seemed clueless to that fact by how they priced their Mirages.

The Mirage appeared on my radar when I discovered it was affordable, reliable, & economical. Finding out it was affordable took some effort, & I almost overlooked it because of that reason alone.

I sort of like Honda products. I bought a Mirage, because a Fit is not as affordable or economical.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I didn't do any research before buying my Mirage. Back in 2013 I was kinda considering a Lancer, so Mitsubishi was always on my radar.

Then I ended up seeing a Mitsubishi Mirage ad on TV while I was at the dentist, and went for a test drive with my mouth still half frozen that afternoon. Ended up buying a new Mirage that day, full-price unfortunately.. and then had to wait a 3-4 weeks for delivery of my Mirage. Turned out to be a pretty good car if you factor in my 7 years of mostly trouble-free driving, and only a few problems along the way that any car might get.
    All 3 of my econo cars I have owned have left me stranded, and my Mirage is no exception!

I wanted to say that Honda lawnmowers feel very high quality, I think I have mentioned this before. Honda cars in my opinion are all ugly shaped in 2021, and in recent years generally as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Zack the reviewer of that 2017 model said:

Now I can clearly remember when I did a review of the Mirage when it came out about 3 years ago. And the online community beat me up. They said, "Zack, you've got it all wrong. This car isn't about performance, it's all about getting the most out of every tank of fuel." And they have a point.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Zack the reviewer of that 2017 model said:
    Since we have speed limits, having more horsepower wouldn't get me any where faster. Getting there in an affordable, reliable, economical vehicle makes any trip more enjoyable for me.

I like having the extra money for other stuff. When gas prices go up, people look at Mirages & mopeds differently, too.