Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage review on MotoringTV, with new host Zack

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2020 Mirage review on MotoringTV, with new host Zack

I saw this new Motoring TV review of the Mirage, from just this past November. Motoring TV is the car show on TSN, the sports network on cable TV in Canada. Like Motorweek, but the Canadian version almost.

The reviewers from the show normally review higher end stuff... but I guess they had a viewer request for them to testdrive "the modern bare-bones vehicle."

So their new host Zack does a fair show of the 2020 Mirage. Good used car alternative is the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIg5HYQSFY

Name:  2020 mirage.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  68.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-28-2020),Eggman (12-27-2020),MetroMPG (01-07-2021),mitsumi (12-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not going to lie, within the first five seconds of playing the video I got a Mitsubishi ad. lol

I like the review that he does, very simple and he knows his audience. Especially like the "hybrid fuel economy without the hybrid system" very true.
    Last edited by MirageRally; 12-27-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Always nice to see an honest review. Thanks for posting it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-28-2020),MirageRally (01-08-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I keep getting Nissan ads. I thought their review was thoughtful. Motorweek reviewed the Eclipse Cross recently too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I saw this new Motoring TV review of the Mirage, from just this past November. Motoring TV is the car show on TSN, the sports network on cable TV in Canada. Like Motorweek, but the Canadian version almost.

The reviewers from the show normally review higher end stuff... but I guess they had a viewer request for them to testdrive "the modern bare-bones vehicle."

So their new host Zack does a fair show of the 2020 Mirage. Good used car alternative is the message.
    Zach Spencer has understood the value & purpose of a Mirage for quite some time. I watched his review of the Mirage prior to buying one back in 2017. That review is still on youtube -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNEgc8pXcs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-08-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I remember seeing that review on TV a few years ago. It is interesting that Zack's wife owned a Dodge Colt back in the day. He keeps on reviewing the Mirage over the years and model refreshes. Thanks Zack, any press coverage is good press coverage.

The comments section below the videos shows how the public's opinions of the Mirage is very divided.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I remember seeing that review on TV a few years ago. It is interesting that Zack's wife owned a Dodge Colt back in the day. He keeps on reviewing the Mirage over the years and model refreshes. Thanks Zack, any press coverage is good press coverage.

The comments section below the videos shows how the public's opinions of the Mirage is very divided.
    Most Mirage owner reviews are positive. If you don't value an affordable car that's reliable & very economical (without being a hybrid), the Mirage may be a good car to bash. For those of us that value those traits, it's a great little car!

I really don't care what people think about the Mirage. I respect car reviewers like Zach who understand the purpose of an economy car. The Mirage doesn't have to be the right vehicle for everyone.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-28-2020),dspace9 (12-28-2020),MirageRally (01-08-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't think I'd do 84 month car payment plan again, no matter what car I'm buying.

Worked out well with Mitsubishi's warranty running concurrently with my payment plan. Even though I had some hiccups, my plan was there. But for people with extra-long payments plans, & only a 5 year new car warranty (or less), well they are eventually paying for a car, that is not under warranty. So I am mindful of that. I guess most used cars bought on credit have that issue too.. only worse I suppose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think I'd do 84 month car payment plan again, no matter what car I'm buying.

Worked out well with Mitsubishi's warranty running concurrently with my payment plan. Even though I had some hiccups, my plan was there. But for people with extra-long payments plans, & only a 5 year new car warranty (or less), well they are eventually paying for a car, that is not under warranty. So I am mindful of that. I guess most used cars bought on credit have that issue too.. only worse I suppose.
    For the most part it can be worse, but that's why you do your homework and get a used car that still has a good warranty amount left on it. The Mirage made that a no brainer as the 5 year 60,000 mile part moves over to the new owner and most of the used ones have low to very low mileage on them. American car companies leave you high and dry at 3 years 36,000 miles mostly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-28-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    For the most part it can be worse, but that's why you do your homework and get a used car that still has a good warranty amount left on it. The Mirage made that a no brainer as the 5 year 60,000 mile part moves over to the new owner and most of the used ones have low to very low mileage on them. American car companies leave you high and dry at 3 years 36,000 miles mostly.
    3 year warranty on a new vehicle is pretty bad. A car is nothing to buy on a whim. People do though all the time, enticed by fancy cars in the showroom. What I like about my Mirage is the relatively lower costs every month. I don't know how insurance rates are with other people's Mirage's, my rates are pretty cheap (relatively), and also cheap compared to other cars and trucks. I have a good driving record.

But still gas wise, insurance wise (for me), car payment wise my Mirage has held up.

If I don't buy a bare-bones brand new car again, I will probably buy low-miles 1 or 2 year used car next time. Just you take such a hit buying brand new. As nice as it is.

I will look into warranty stuff for each manufacturer individually before I buy any other car.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-28-2020)