Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage review on MotoringTV, with new host Zack

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    The Mirage made that a no brainer as the 5 year 60,000 mile part moves over to the new owner and most of the used ones have low to very low mileage on them.
    Where are all these low mileage used bargains? Many that I've seen are well used.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Where are all these low mileage used bargains? Many that I've seen are well used.
    Carvana, lolz. I had a choice of 5 plus with under 30,000 miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Carvana, lolz. I had a choice of 5 plus with under 30,000 miles.
    Is Carvana cheap? I thought they have a substantial markup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Is Carvana cheap? I thought they have a substantial markup.
    They are a bit overpriced, no doubt, but their car selection, especially Mirage's, are second to none. Sometimes you gotta pay for a better choice.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't think we have Carvana in Canada. However I think I saw one of their car stack things in Manhattan years ago. Same sort of thing almost as the Carvana car vending machines. Are all their used cars A1+ shape? Do you get a fair assessment or lowdown on the car's shape? Sorry to ask a million questions.. definitely curious about the next big thing.

You won't find a 1999 Mercury Sable for sale with Carvana right..

My tanta Aunt bought her new Honda in Holland without test driving it first so they do things different in different places.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I don't think we have Carvana in Canada. However I think I saw one of their car stack things in Manhattan years ago. Same sort of thing almost as the Carvana car vending machines. Are all their used cars A1+ shape? Do you get a fair assessment or lowdown on the car's shape? Sorry to ask a million questions.. definitely curious about the next big thing.

You won't find a 1999 Mercury Sable for sale with Carvana right..

My tanta Aunt bought her new Honda in Holland without test driving it first so they do things different in different places.
    Carvana works best if you have a huge down payment and your own creditor. They have some crappy cars for sale as well. Their best points are that they let you keep the car for 7 days and drive it for up to 400 miles to see if it's a fit and to give you time to get it checked out by a good mechanic. If it's not for you you get two more shots to find one, but with the third shot though you have to keep that one. I got a lemon first time out(it was in an undisclosed accident) and ended up with the one I have now. It's a crap shoot for sure, it's no different with any used car dealer to be honest. Just bring your A game when doing it(mechanic check, etc) and you'll be fine. I still think that an in person sale is best, but this is a good alternative if you want more of a choice. Took me all of 2 hours to upload all of my info and pick a car, it was too easy.

Oh, and the Vending machines are a gimmick and not in NYC, the closest one to me is Connecticut.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-28-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Carvana works best if you have a huge down payment and your own creditor. They have some crappy cars for sale as well. Their best points are that they let you keep the car for 7 days and drive it for up to 400 miles to see if it's a fit and to give you time to get it checked out by a good mechanic. If it's not for you you get two more shots to find one, but with the third shot though you have to keep that one. I got a lemon first time out(it was in an undisclosed accident) and ended up with the one I have now. It's a crap shoot for sure, it's no different with any used car dealer to be honest. Just bring your A game when doing it(mechanic check, etc) and you'll be fine. I still think that an in person sale is best, but this is a good alternative if you want more of a choice. Took me all of 2 hours to upload all of my info and pick a car, it was too easy.

Oh, and the Vending machines are a gimmick and not in NYC, the closest one to me is Connecticut.
    That's an interesting business platform, thanks for the information dragon2knight. I appreciate it for sure. You can end up with bad luck at any used car store, like you say. My Mirage is almost 7 years old and looks in good shape besides the duct tape on the driver's side floor mat, and the small dent from when an older Accord rear ended me at a red light. My driver's seat squeaks a bit now but overall my Mirage is still almost like new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-28-2020),MirageRally (12-28-2020)

I seem to recall this very reviewer savaging the Mirage when it first came out. Is it THAT different now?

One funny thing: I'm pretty sure he said the CVT was awful, compared to the CVT in a Versa.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I seem to recall this very reviewer savaging the Mirage when it first came out. Is it THAT different now?

One funny thing: I'm pretty sure he said the CVT was awful, compared to the CVT in a Versa.
    This is the reviewer who fondly remembers his wife's old Dodge Colt, being their great and reliable car for many years in their younger days. Zack actually is one of the positive mainstream reviewers of the Mirage. He has given the car a lot of press actually, like 2 or 3 daytime TV slots on the Mirage, and again not negative at all. Articles in National Post print paper too, I've seen.

Gotta watch all the vids on youtube. Zack of Motoring TV and driving.ca seems to like the Mirage, but you know he leans toward luxury type of stuff. Rich and famous reviewer Doug DeMuro is the one who bashed the Mirage as the "worst new car"

Found it! And he did NOT like the car the first time he drove it.

Split personality?

Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage review (Youtube... )

This is easily the most negative review of the car in North America. It's also one of the least professional ones I've come across. B.C.-based Zack Spencer hates the car.

How can you review an economy car and never mention its fuel economy? How can you criticize it on price and never clarify the car's starting price makes it one of the cheapest new cars available? Those are arguably the car's two biggest strengths, and they're completely ignored here.
    I'm glad to see he's come around, I guess? But it's really odd.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)