Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving on from my G4

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    https://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA713241015.PDF I wonder if the volt uses the same 1.4L engine that the cruze uses minus the turbo? I know the older cruze turbo engines had enough problems to make me never own one. I would hope most of the issues wouldn't carry over to a non turbo version.

I think the volt concept is great. With it being 3-4 years old now, what kind of range do you see on battery alone? I found a few first gen volts for sale earlier this year but they had no warranty and cost close to what a new Mirage would cost.

I'm curious to see what mfg's come up with in the next 5 years with solid state batteries.
    I believe you are correct that it's the Cruze engine or based upon it, sans turbo. Thinking about it, I've seen very few, if any complaints about the engine. I have the second gen Volt that is rated at 50 miles electric, and 42mpg combined. I'm easily seeing both of those. It's colder here right now, so with that and using heat, I'm seeing electric in the 35-50 range, and easily hitting the 42 mpg. When we've had a couple of mild days, I'm seeing almost 60. From what I've read, I could possibly eek out 60-70 in the right conditions come spring. A lot of the gen 2 Volts that are lease returns hitting the market now are out of bumper to bumper warranty, but still have the 100k Voltec powertrain system warranty. I'm also excited to see where battery tech goes in the next few years. In just this year alone from software updates, Tesla bumped up most of the vehicle ranges significantly. That's one of the reasons I didn't go full electric right now. I have a feeling the options will just get better. I'm excited to check out the Mach E in person. They are in transit per the local dealership website.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Go4th For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-02-2021),Fummins (01-02-2021)