Thread: Garage floor jack for Mirage

2017 Hatchback GLX MT
    Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Garage floor jack for Mirage

Will a garage floor jack with 135mm as minimum height fit vertically and horizontally towards the middle of the front cross member, under my 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage with all stock parts (including the 165/65 R14 tires on stock rims) to be able to lift the whole front end?

I've read Charlie's post: 'My DIY Oil Change Nightmare' where he mentioned that his '2.5 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack (19" raise height)' purchased was not long enough. Does this mean horizontally or vertically? I am planning on getting a hydraulic garage floor jack with a minimum height of 135mm and has two connected handles. Would this fit on the jacking point on the middle of the front cross member? Thank you!

Here is a picture of the jack I am planning to purchase: https://ibb.co/72yVKfC

Last edited by IanDrexP; 01-03-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The car has like 6.3 inches of ground clearance, thats 160mm. which is greater than the 135mm you need. Its likely he meant horizontally as once you have slid the jack underneath the car where the crossmember is. you get very little vertical travel on the handle, so it takes forever to jack the car up. i personally just jack each side of the car up independently.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I use a "normal" size floor jack just as mohammad in the previous post. It gets jacked up one side at a time, blocks of timber about 15x20x30cm on that side underneath as a support, and then do likewise on the other side.
    Without a solid support that will withstand a hefty trial shaking about, I would not want to work at or under the car.

I just find a tall curb to straddle and drain the oil into the storm drain Oil come from the ground so I put it back yes?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (06-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    IanDrex - If you are asking this question in order to facilitate an oil change, there's no need to jack the car up. Oil change can be done sitting in it's normal position.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)