Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mirage Issues? (I'm considering buying a used or leftover Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    When I first started thinking along these lines I was thinking maximum $10K out the door on a '19 but I just wanted to see what the people who have bought them had to say. I knew Mitsubishi wasn't a big seller especially in this area. I'm in south central KY and probably haven't seen 10 Mitsubishi's on the road here in the past 2 years. I'm about an hour north west of Nashville, TN and I'm sure there are more of them in that area or there wouldn't be enough sales to support a dealership. If I do get one I'm going to go with the CVT that way if something would happen to me my wife would still be able to use it. I've already got one car with a manual transmission that if something happens to me is of no use to her other that what she can sell it for.
    If I was shopping for a Mirage, I would just pick a few Mirages I would be interested in & get their OTD price via email.

Keep in mind - sites like cars.com only scratch the surface. A good Mitsubishi general manager can see available cars that are unknown to us. When I first talked to the general manager of White Bear, he was looking up cars as we were talking on the phone. They were sold out of manuals, and he didn't care. He's asking me for my top 3 color choices as he's looking cars around the country. I soon realized he was looking at Mirages that weren't on my radar.

I looked up CVT Mirages in your area on cars.com to get a feel of things there.

2019 ES CVT Black with 16,397 miles for $9,998
    2019 ES CVT White with 12,408 miles for $10,995
    2019 ES CVT Blue with 13,312 miles for $11,550
    2019 GT CVT White with 7,647 miles for $11,950 **

2020 ES CVT Gray 5 miles (assuming new) for $11,950
    2020 ES CVT Wine Red new for $11,955

New Mirages have 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, & 5-year/unlimited miles roadside assistance

Used ones have the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty only.

When I look at these prices, I need to remind myself that I am not shopping for manuals.

None of the above prices mean anything. I would get the OTD prices on cars like these while sitting in my recliner via email. You will need to find out about rebate being included or not, too? If a dealer is not willing to share their OTD price, that's a red flag! Asking what something is going to cost isn't unreasonable.

I did a very limited search for your area. I didn't see any new 2019 ES CVT, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I wouldn't buy a slightly used Mirage if I could get a new one for just a little bit more.

Last edited by Mark; 01-10-2021 at 01:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-10-2021)

I had a hard time getting dealers to give prices over the phone when I was looking at side by sides last summer. One guy told me if I was serious then go talk in person otherwise stop wasting their time on the phone. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them or their sister dealership. I ended up buying from the closest one even though they were pretty greasy about financing and I ended up getting my own financing in the end after they wanted to charge $10k more than sticker price with roach financing and extended warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Belated welcome, 2016 Versa!

I wish the Nissan Versa forums I'm on had as much traffic in them as this site. The Nissan forums sometimes goes a few day without a single post. If we do buy a Mirage this will be my go to site.
    I've always found that strange, because the Versa absolutely DOMINATED the subcompact segment in the U.S. for YEARS. And by a HUGE margin! In some individual years Nissan sold more Versas than the Mirage has sold in its entire 6th generation run so far! (Talking US figures.)

With that many sold, I figure there must be enough enthusiastic/appreciative owners to support a busy forum. But it doesn't seem that way. It's strange.

I joined the Micra forum too because they share the same drive train as the Versa and I thought I might learn something useful there.
    You're one of the most helpful members there -and you don't even own a Micra!

I hope you find a Mirage that meets your needs. We're happy to have you here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Belated welcome, 2016 Versa!

I've always found that strange, because the Versa absolutely DOMINATED the subcompact segment in the U.S. for YEARS. And by a HUGE margin! In some individual years Nissan sold more Versas than the Mirage has sold in its entire 6th generation run so far! (Talking US figures.)

With that many sold, I figure there must be enough enthusiastic/appreciative owners to support a busy forum. But it doesn't seem that way. It's strange.

You're one of the most helpful members there -and you don't even own a Micra!

I hope you find a Mirage that meets your needs. We're happy to have you here.
    The Mirage community here is honestly pretty special. It's one of the most helpful and positive groups of people I've ever had the good fortune of interacting with. I was honestly very surprised when I joined this forum. This is the internet, after all - anonymity generally gives people a free pass to be toxic as all hell. But here it's nothing but good vibes all around!
    Last edited by PityOnU; 01-12-2021 at 06:05 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-12-2021)

New Mitsu ad tag line?

"You meet the nicest people ... in a Mirage!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (01-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last few days I've been thinking about the possibility of looking for a leftover new 2019 Mirage to buy if the price is right. Not sure if there will still be any '19's out there or not but if so with it being a 2 year old car what does everyone think a fair price would be? I'd probably be looking at the ES which I figure would be sticker in the $16.5-17.5K range. I know if they're not willing to give a great deal I'd take beating as soon as I drove it off the lot and I'm not willing to do that. I'm asking this question here because you all have a better idea of how much the price can be negotiated on a Mirage. I thought if the price was right I might buy a Mirage for our weekend knock around car and turn the Versa over to my wife for a daily driver. Other cars I've purchased new over the years I've went back and forth between dealers to get to the best price but with Mitsubishi dealers not being as common and the likelihood of finding two dealers with '19's that's likely out of the question. I'm not interested in playing payment numbers games with them. If I buy one it would be a cash deal.
    Closest dealer for you would probably be Tim Short in Clarksville, but the BEST imo is Expressway up in Evansville, IN. Thats where I bought my '14 new. They always have a good selection and competitive pricing.

All that said, I have a '15 DE CVT sitting in Owensboro not getting driven. I left it at my Mom's for a spare for her or any of our family. I could probably be talked into letting it go pretty cheap if I am being honest because its not doing me any good just sitting there. Its got a couple issues but mechanically its good to go. It has a fresh CVT drain and fill that I did pre Covid, but it hasnt been anywhere other than the grocery store since... probably doesnt have 500 miles on it since then. Anyway, if you are interested you can PM me.

Nice to have a fellow Kentuckian on here!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cheap CVT? How cheap is cheap? Haha. I might be interested since driving a manual is slowly becoming more painful every day
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Great Britain
    Thanks
    Couldn't agree more !!