Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Issues? (I'm considering buying a used or leftover Mirage)

Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I certainly hope as vehicles get better and better, that CVTs will get better as well. Other than being slow off the line they are really good transmissions for the most part. With time CVTs will get better and it's always best to get a mirage brand new (if possible), that way if something does go wrong you have the warranty to cover you.
    Warranty can lick my sweaty ..........

I'd rather fix something myself than let the dealer do anything in most cases.

Besides, there are tons of used parts around here and I don't foresee that supply drying up anytime soon as these thing are often written off pretty easily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Warranty can lick my sweaty ..........
    They can lick your sweaty palms??.... That's just weird man....lol.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    I knew about the little filters in the valve body and don't intend to bother them. I've looked at diagrams of the CVT and never have seen the conventional filter inside the pan. All I'd been seeing is the magnets in the pan which I also wanted to clean. When you remove the pan do you need to replace the pan gasket or is it OK for multiple fluid changes? Do you happen to have the part numbers for the two filters and pan gasket? I've looked online a few times but have found conflicting information and have never asked at a Nissan dealer what the part numbers were. I want to be sure I get the correct replacements before draining. I suspect I'll be draining mine no later than early-mid summer 2021. I have another car that I drive a lot and we use the Versa mostly for weekend driving therefore the miles don't go on it extremely fast. It's a '16 I bought it in 2/19 with 10K miles and it currently has 26K. It would have more but corona virus has put a damper on some of our going.
    These are the parts & numbers I got from CobraTransmission.com for my 2017 Mirage.
    I actually re-used the old pan gasket with no problems. I know others have as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macmoto For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (01-06-2021),Basic (01-12-2021),Fummins (01-06-2021),inuvik (01-05-2021),Top_Fuel (01-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmoto View Post
    These are the parts & numbers I got from CobraTransmission.com for my 2017 Mirage.
    I actually re-used the old pan gasket with no problems. I know others have as well.
    Thanks for the part numbers. Now I'm going to give back a little something to the good people of this forum that are helping me out. Amazon has 2 transmission filters/gaskets for $25.18 with free shipping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just just placed an order so now all I need is an external filter and o-ring and I'll be all set for my fluid/filter drain/fill.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-06-2021),Macmoto (01-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last few days I've been thinking about the possibility of looking for a leftover new 2019 Mirage to buy if the price is right. Not sure if there will still be any '19's out there or not but if so with it being a 2 year old car what does everyone think a fair price would be? I'd probably be looking at the ES which I figure would be sticker in the $16.5-17.5K range. I know if they're not willing to give a great deal I'd take beating as soon as I drove it off the lot and I'm not willing to do that. I'm asking this question here because you all have a better idea of how much the price can be negotiated on a Mirage. I thought if the price was right I might buy a Mirage for our weekend knock around car and turn the Versa over to my wife for a daily driver. Other cars I've purchased new over the years I've went back and forth between dealers to get to the best price but with Mitsubishi dealers not being as common and the likelihood of finding two dealers with '19's that's likely out of the question. I'm not interested in playing payment numbers games with them. If I buy one it would be a cash deal.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Last few days I've been thinking about the possibility of looking for a leftover new 2019 Mirage to buy if the price is right. Not sure if there will still be any '19's out there or not but if so with it being a 2 year old car what does everyone think a fair price would be? I'd probably be looking at the ES which I figure would be sticker in the $16.5-17.5K range. I know if they're not willing to give a great deal I'd take beating as soon as I drove it off the lot and I'm not willing to do that. I'm asking this question here because you all have a better idea of how much the price can be negotiated on a Mirage. I thought if the price was right I might buy a Mirage for our weekend knock around car and turn the Versa over to my wife for a daily driver. Other cars I've purchased new over the years I've went back and forth between dealers to get to the best price but with Mitsubishi dealers not being as common and the likelihood of finding two dealers with '19's that's likely out of the question. I'm not interested in playing payment numbers games with them. If I buy one it would be a cash deal.
    If you can get an OTD price below $14k they're worth it IMO. You can haggle at a shady Mitsu dealership unlike at a Toyota place in my experience.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You have oddities from state to state w.r.t. dealer fees, taxes, registration, etc., but on the whole a good deal is generally ~$10K once all of that is combined and accounted for along with the list price of the car - aka out the door.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    If you find a leftover '19 somewhere, the average Mitsubishi dealer may not cut you a great deal on it. The reason they have a 2 year old new Mirage in the first place is probably because they are a terrible dealer for selling Mirages. I probably wouldn't pay $9K for a "new" 2-year-old Mirage right now, but I doubt anyone will discount one that deep.

If you're willing to wait a few months, I'd bet you'll be able to get a great deal on a new 2021 from White Bear Mitsubishi. This is probably the best dealership in the country for selling Mirages at low, no-BS prices. When they are well-stocked, they have 50+ Mirages for sale...with about 20% being manual transmissions. They put no-BS pricing on their website...so you know exactly what you'll pay.

They are a little low on stock right now, but you can still buy a 2020 ES CVT from them right now for $12K. Once their supply catches up, I wouldn't be shocked to see them selling 2021 5-speed ES models for $10-$11K in 3 or 4 months from now. If I was buying a new Mirage, that's the first place I would look...and they are a 10.5 hour drive for me.

You will often see super-low prices on new Mirages from dealers in Florida. But they almost always have tons of fine print gotchas...including $899 doc fees and crazy stuff like that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-12-2021),MirageRally (01-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you find a leftover '19 somewhere, the average Mitsubishi dealer may not cut you a great deal on it. The reason they have a 2 year old new Mirage in the first place is probably because they are a terrible dealer for selling Mirages. I probably wouldn't pay $9K for a "new" 2-year-old Mirage right now, but I doubt anyone will discount one that deep.

If you're willing to wait a few months, I'd bet you'll be able to get a great deal on a new 2021 from White Bear Mitsubishi. This is probably the best dealership in the country for selling Mirages at low, no-BS prices. When they are well-stocked, they have 50+ Mirages for sale...with about 20% being manual transmissions. They put no-BS pricing on their website...so you know exactly what you'll pay.

They are a little low on stock right now, but you can still buy a 2020 ES CVT from them right now for $12K. Once their supply catches up, I wouldn't be shocked to see them selling 2021 5-speed ES models for $10-$11K in 3 or 4 months from now. If I was buying a new Mirage, that's the first place I would look...and they are a 10.5 hour drive for me.

You will often see super-low prices on new Mirages from dealers in Florida. But they almost always have tons of fine print gotchas...including $899 doc fees and crazy stuff like that.
    When I first started thinking along these lines I was thinking maximum $10K out the door on a '19 but I just wanted to see what the people who have bought them had to say. I knew Mitsubishi wasn't a big seller especially in this area. I'm in south central KY and probably haven't seen 10 Mitsubishi's on the road here in the past 2 years. I'm about an hour north west of Nashville, TN and I'm sure there are more of them in that area or there wouldn't be enough sales to support a dealership. If I do get one I'm going to go with the CVT that way if something would happen to me my wife would still be able to use it. I've already got one car with a manual transmission that if something happens to me is of no use to her other that what she can sell it for.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    When I first started thinking along these lines I was thinking maximum $10K out the door on a '19 but I just wanted to see what the people who have bought them had to say. I knew Mitsubishi wasn't a big seller especially in this area. I'm in south central KY and probably haven't seen 10 Mitsubishi's on the road here in the past 2 years. I'm about an hour north west of Nashville, TN and I'm sure there are more of them in that area or there wouldn't be enough sales to support a dealership. If I do get one I'm going to go with the CVT that way if something would happen to me my wife would still be able to use it. I've already got one car with a manual transmission that if something happens to me is of no use to her other that what she can sell it for.
    The best price I have seen in the past year was White Bear selling the 2020 ES manual for $10,000. Their OTD price would be about $1000 more than that depending on your state sales tax. That included financing with Ally to get that price. Any loyalty, military, or VIP rebates would have brought that price lower for those who qualify.

I bought a 2017 Mirage ES when they were selling for $9,000 @ White Bear & that price didn't include the $500 each rebates for loyalty, military, or VIP. It took about $855 to push my car OTD. Thus, they could be had for under $10,000 OTD at the time.

Keep in mind -

2017 ES - updated Mirage
    2018 ES - backup cameras (became mandatory/standard) & Bluetooth became standard
    2019 ES - 6-way adjustable driver's seat & cruise control became standard
    2020 ES - auto climate controls became standard again (also standard in 2014-15)
    2021 ES - slapped a new front bumper/grill on the car

I haven't seen a $10,000 OTD price for a new ES manual recently, but you can't say 2017 Mirage ES is exactly the same as a 2020 ES either. CVT adds another $1,300 MSRP in 2021.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-09-2021)