Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phone Mount

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Cobrajet - That's a good location. I like it. Is it attached to the mirror? I like the under mirror idea, the problem with the under mirror is it is only available (as far as I know) to be held in man-mode (landscape). I'd like to be able to rotate it to girl mode sometimes, but I don't think it would rotate.
    No, it is attached to the windshield. Most of the mount is hidden from my view by the mirror itself. This one does rotate, so if you need to you can. I personally like having my phone in a place where nothing else is blocked...heater controls, radio controls, vents, etc.

I will try to take another pic from the passenger side for you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I done did saw those. But I'm not really liking the big claw type instrusive grabbing of the mirror. I think those claw fingers hanging over the mirror, even a small amount would be distracting. That's why if you look back up to my attached picture, it grabs it by the post. Although I don't love that, at least it wouldn't be distracting me thinks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is probably the best pic I can come up with to show you what this mount looks like and where I have it located.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where? How? Which wires are you tapping 12V power from above, to what appears to be your dash cam?

That looks very busy. From the outside. But I'm guessing from the inside it is not so distracting. For example, the mount for your phone is hidden by the mirror. And I like where, what appears to be, your navigation is mounted.

Are you ubering? Not that you must be ubering to have all the gadgetry, I like it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Where? How? Which wires are you tapping 12V power from above, to what appears to be your dash cam?

That looks very busy. From the outside. But I'm guessing from the inside it is not so distracting. For example, the mount for your phone is hidden by the mirror. And I like where, what appears to be, your navigation is mounted.

Are you ubering? Not that you must be ubering to have all the gadgetry, I like it.
    The wires aren't tapped from above. I used an Add-A-Circuit in the fuse box to tap into the circuit for the rear wiper so I could wire up two stand-alone switched 12v female lighter sockets which are hidden under the dash. The regular lighter plugs for the GPS and dashcam are plugged into these sockets, and the cords from each are routed under the headliner and behind the A-pillar trim.

Not Uber, per se, but this car is used solely for food delivery. While most people use their phone's GPS, I find it handy to have a dedicated stand-alone GPS unit in the upper left corner of the windshield. Been doing that since before phones even had GPS and it wasn't a habit I felt I need to break. I am just used to looking up into the left-hand corner of my windshield and seeing exactly where I am. The unit is a Garmin Nuvi 1300LM, and these can be picked up used for about $15-20 on Ebay since nobody wants them anymore. This model has map updates for life, and I usually update once a year. I actually have one in all four of my cars!

A bit 'busy', yes. But because of the way I have everything set up nothing is in my line of sight. I really only see these gadgets when I look up and want to see them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice. Thanks for the info.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Heres my phone mount. �� got it fixed by screwing eight on to the panel.

It blocks the radio but who cares i dont change the chanel ��

Name:  20201211_112922.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  83.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)