Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any Prius owners? Have you considered one?

[QUO

High quality Nissan was sarcasm.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    High quality Nissan was sarcasm. The nv200's are turd pails and appear to have been sloppily put together by clock watching blind people.

But yeah, I know lots of people with Nissans. The only one I owned was an 04 Armada and it was a rusty(under the skirt) turd with a bunch of issues with barely 100,000miles on it. It had power but everything else was crap. And it got maybe 12mpg.
    Ohh I knew you where being sarcasm but, I know a ton of Canadians who love these things. Frankly Nissan has had some very questionable quality practices from the start of the 00 till now. I still like my z's and a lot of their older sports car but most of their middle range that supposed to be their bread and butter reliability just isnt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Lots of Altimas and Maximas flying off the lots down on the south side of Atlanta. Seems to be kind of race specific. At least that's what I tend to notice. My brain is color blind, but my eyes are not.

It's a shame those cars are such piles, because both are REALLY NICE looking vehicles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Many bee a cla
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Lots of Altimas and Maximas flying off the lots down on the south side of Atlanta. Seems to be kind of race specific. At least that's what I tend to notice. My brain is color blind, but my eyes are not.

It's a shame those cars are such piles, because both are REALLY NICE looking vehicles.
    Me being half black I always wonder. Why do black people love Maximas. I swear I dont get it but tons and tons of black people love friggin Maximas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    If I didn't know any better, I would think I've got 0.0001% black in me. The part that relates to music. I seem to like mostly the same cars too. I think the Maxima and Altimas look great, but because I know cars I wouldn't own one. But I also like Chargers, Challengers, the 300C to some extent. I don't like Malibus.

I lived in Montgomery, AL for 7 years. The first 70's car I saw rolling on huge 20+ chrome rims, I didn't like it. But, it grew on me. Because those black dudes that were taking those old cars and fixing them up and putting them on huge rims, at least they were taking care of the cars too. They're the only ones who were. I started liking it on the old cars. But still don't like huge custom rims on new cars. Those old crusty 70's model cars that had huge V8's with like 130 hp (due to the ridiculous emissions), the style of them are actually quite nice. My favorite was some old Chevy Suburban I think from the early 80's. The black dude that fixed that thing up had awesome taste and knew what he was doing. I stopped and talked to this dude for a long time about his truck. Still think about it from time to time. He had taken the engine and done right with it and the engine ran strong and free like it always should have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have not considered a Prius by that name so to speak, but I have given thought to a Lexus CT200h.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

^ I drove a neighbour's once. Much nicer looking than a Prius, and still capable of amazing MPG.

He actually traded it in for a Outlander PHEV.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-21-2021)

Prius longevity / loyalty

Spotted this tidbit at Jalopnik today...

The Prius tops the list of cars that people keep the longest in the U.S.

Name:  ugxe929fgbjoj7qrgsdi.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  61.9 KB

More: https://jalopnik.com/a-different-toy...kee-1846085467

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-21-2021),MirageRally (01-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The other thing I semi lust after is a Cadillac ELR. Drop dead stunning and pretty proven platform with the Volt. With that one though I worry that the GM will start showing sooner than later, while the Lexus will be bulletproof.

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)