Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Any Prius owners? Have you considered one?

Just trying to nip it in the bud ... friendly reminder.

It wasn't just your post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe we can just keep stealing gas from Canada and then charging them more for their own gas!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey, no politics.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    It's difficult not to drift into politics on this, and I'm trying not to. Because this topic is about the Prius, the Prius specializes in low gasoline use, so then the cost of gasoline is relevant. That said, I would imagine the cost of gas would increase over the next 4 years, which makes me very happy I have perhaps North America's most fuel efficient non-hybrid vehicle.

When all my redneck buddies down here (driving their 12 mpg PowerJokes) start paying $5 a gallon, I'm gonna tell'em to eat my shorts from the window of the Blueberry. I don't have a problem with big trucks, heck I have one. But I went round and round when I was buying to purchase the one I figured was most efficient. It wasn't all about BIG and BAD for me. Fuel efficiency as well as an inline 6 I deemed would be more reliable / efficient than a V engine. Seems like I made the right choice.

I drove my truck just a couple days ago with my dash cam. I left my window down. I wish I could post it here without having to host it on youtube. I don't think I can do that. But you guys would love that video. Anywho, it is really nice to have a very fuel efficient vehicle (Prius or Mirage) when there's a consideration of increasing or just plain high fuel costs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)