Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too much oil?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Washer fluid reservoir is half the size of the fuel tank, so not surprising. Carrying alot of extra weight of bug juice.
    Is that reservoir on the far side of the car? If so, you better run it at half full or it'll cause the car to pull in that direction.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I removed my spare tire and filled the empty space with gas so I can travel further. My car smells like gas now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Put Helium in your tires. It'll make your car lighter & it'll get morer MPG. Not to mention it'll just float over the pot holes
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Put Helium in your tires. It'll make your car lighter & it'll get morer MPG. Not to mention it'll just float over the pot holes
    For a minute, I thought about making a BMX frame that was helium-tight, with a lot of compressed helium in it. To make already light bikes super-light. But I think the physics of it is that it would require so much helium to make a substantial difference in weight, it would be dangerous to have that much pressure inside a frame. Crash just right and it might become an I.E.D.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    For a minute, I thought about making a BMX frame that was helium-tight, with a lot of compressed helium in it. Crash just right and it might become an I.E.D.
    Hey, Ya gotta take chances sometimes... Like when I recharged the AC on my old Ranger with Propane because nobody would sell me R-12 & I was too Cheep to convert it to R-134...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Hey, Ya gotta take chances sometimes... Like when I recharged the AC on my old Ranger with Propane because nobody would sell me R-12 & I was too Cheep to convert it to R-134...
    I had to fix the air conditioner on a Beechcraft King Air by replacing the compressor and recharging the system. Found a guy who had some "OZ2" refrigerant that was better than the R-22 and way better than the R-134a crap everyone had to use. That turned that AC unit into a freezer! Only later did I discover "OZ2" was propane!
    Karl

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

klroger (05-03-2022)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Yep, 2.8 liters is the correct amount to be on the max mark of the dipstick. If the car comes from the factory without more oil than max mark should have a reason and user manual is clear about that.

(3A92 59kW)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Space Star Intense 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.4 mpg (Imp)