Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car & Driver review of '21 Mirages from yesterday

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    I'd buy up any one that offered a truly bare bones version....you can learn a lot from the 80's after all. A/C is all I really need, the rest is fluff and unnecessary weight and complication.
    My Mirage has no A/C. Called the ES in Canada. Roll-down windows in the back, power in the front. The no-A/C in my car thing...well usually surprises people on the Forum. As well as in real life.

My only mistake was ordering dark thunder grey paint, and no-AC. I should have ordered white. I really do get baked in the sun come summer time lol. I don't have AC in my house either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dunno, I was bored and looking at car pricing from other brands last night too and even optioned out the Mirage is still cheaper than offerings from Toyota and others. Plus, you don't get much off the price of a new Toyota but I'm sure the Mirage will continue it's trend of being discounted heavily. They should just lower the price and run with it because they'd sell more of them without the haggling but the subprime loan dealers would be angry about that then because they couldn't charge full price with extra high interest then.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My Mirage has no A/C. Called the ES in Canada. Roll-down windows in the back, power in the front. The no-A/C in my car thing...well usually surprises people on the Forum. As well as in real life.

My only mistake was ordering dark thunder grey paint, and no-AC. I should have ordered white. I really do get baked in the sun come summer time lol. I don't have AC in my house either.
    Nopenopenopenope...after living in both the south and the north in the US, A/C isn't a luxury, it's a necessity. Other than that, it's all extra cost frosting.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They should sell that $7000 new Datsun, in North America. Could be a huge hit. Maybe not the safest for our-style freeways, but still, there is a market for cheap-end, but new cars.

Offer it with low loans, get the used car buyer in the showroom. You could sell millions of the things. There are probably small cars by Suzuki and others I don't know about living in Canada, that would fit the bill for subcompact economy car. Mirage is the only one right now besides the Micra, and they cancelled that car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They should sell that $7000 new Datsun, in North America. Could be a huge hit. Maybe not the safest for our-style freeways, but still, there is a market for cheap-end, but new cars.

Offer it with low loans, get the used car buyer in the showroom. You could sell millions of the things. There are probably small cars by Suzuki and others I don't know about living in Canada, that would fit the bill for subcompact economy car. Mirage is the only one right now besides the Micra, and they cancelled that car.
    We're losing all of our tiny car choices in the States as well, it's go big or go home down here unfortunately. The Mirage and the Spark are I believe the only ones left

We may have to rely on used and only used in the near future if this trend continues. We need an oil embargo to force them to make more of these....

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I forgot about the Chevy Spark. To be honest I'm kinda looking for a "classic" subcompact. I have seen some really weird cars for sale lately, I think people are clearing out their garages. Something like a Honda Del Sol, or perhaps a mint condition 1983 Toyota Corolla.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-09-2021),inuvik (01-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems like most of you would be happy with the "Mirage: ****BOX" edition.

No ac, roll up windows, no spare tire, hub caps with no centers, forget the stereo too. Maybe not even color matching the mirrors or bumpers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-13-2021),dspace9 (01-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Seems like most of you would be happy with the "Mirage: ****BOX" edition.
    LOL...don't give these guys any ideas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Clessy (01-12-2021),dragon2knight (01-13-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's awesome to see but personally, $19k+ for a fully loaded Mirage is definitely on the higher-end. But what the hey, Mitsubishi can do whatever they want. There must be a market for it especially at that price range if they're pricing the 2021s there. HOPEFULLY, 2021 is the year where things gradually create the road back to normal. Now, Mitsubishi just needs to make a Yaris GR competitor Anyways, a fully loaded 2021 Toyota Corolla is also $32k+...so, compared to the price of a Corolla, it's definitely a deal. lol BUT, one of the things I did like about the 2020 Corolla rental car I had was the driving assistance for lazy me on long drives, that really helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

I wonder if there's a no-A/C Mirage still available? I don't think so.

I also wonder what the "Carbonite Edition" is all about.

The problem with economy cars is partly that they're always trying to look like they have lots of accessories. Yet lots of economy car owners actually want a bare-bones economy car. Not a dressed up one.
    I believe they made ac standard a year in 2020?(in Canada) when auto climate controls also became standard. I just looked on the Mitsu canada site and there still isn't any mention of the fancy looking 2021 Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-12-2021)