Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15" Mini Cooper Wheels with Michelin Snow tires (Detroit area)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If you're studying humanities, then a library card is your money saving BFF. Find used Dover paperback editions for books like Frankenstein. I know you're studying Accounting, I'm just saying.
    Yeah, usually l look up specific youtube videos on certain material or chapters...but most of the time you have to purchase the books from my school as the professors don't give too many alternative books to buy. And with the Pandemic, you can only buy New...how crazy is that! Because the "used" books can't be bought because of other people's fingerprints on it or risk of spreading the virus. Hopefully that will change in the future, but right now you can only buy new and it all comes wrapped in layers of plastic.

l completely understand the safety precautions for used books but having the Only option to buy new is really crazy....especially at $200 a book!

Last edited by MirageRally; 01-10-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyway, not to jack or derail the thread....Top_Fuel, has anyone bought or are interested in those Mini Cooper Rims?
    Last edited by MirageRally; 01-10-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Forget the snow tires...these wheels look nice and work perfectly on a Mirage.

FYI... He had these on Craigslist for $600 last month.

If you disregard the tires, what do 4 new identical rims cost?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I've seen sets of those Mini Imola rims advertised for $200 and less. Personally, that would be my limit.

Refer to the thread Craigslist finds for examples.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    ...has anyone bought or are interested in those Mini Cooper Rims?
    You mean has anyone on the forum ever put those wheels on their Mirage? If that's the question, see this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you disregard the tires, what do 4 new identical rims cost?
    If you're asking what the wheels in that ad are worth without the tires...I'd say $300 if they are nearly perfect. And by perfect, I mean no curb damage and no significant marks from wheel weights on the outside of the wheel. Most of these wheels I see for sale are pretty beaten up.

That may sound expensive, but the cost to powdercoat a single wheel is $100-$125. So if you can find OEM wheels with a nice original finish, it's worth paying a little extra for them. I don't think most of you guys are that picky when it comes to wheels, but I can assure you that I am.

HERE is a link to more info on those wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-11-2021),MirageRally (01-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I don't think most of you guys are that picky when it comes to wheels, but I can assure you that I am.
    I thought $500-600 for used wheels was expensive, unless they are something special. You brought up disregarding the snow tires. Indicating these were still a good deal or something maybe? I wasn't sure?

I have zero interest in them. I'd rather have narrow 14" wheels on my Mirage, & I prefer rusty old steel rims with wheel covers slapped on! I am one of the not so picky ones!

I was just curious if these were a good deal for someone else & nothing more?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I was just curious if these were a good deal for someone else & nothing more?
    Oh...I got ya. If you could somehow get those wheels for $300 or less, I would consider it a good deal if they are really nice. I might ask the seller if he would sell the tires separately from the wheels. If not, then I might still consider buying them and selling the tires myself to recoup some of the money. Those snow tires alone probably cost that guy $450.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    These are down to $450 now...