Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Which Mirage model years/trims come with PULSE?
    It’s a dealer add on Dirk

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    It's a dealer add on Dirk
    That's my point. It's a $25 item that probably takes one of their mechanics 15 minutes to install, & they charge you $350.

I am not saying PULSE is a bad feature. My Mirage has it. I feel it adds a bit of safety to the rear of your car. That's a big plus for a small car, too!

If you pushed the issue, however, I don't think WB would lose a deal over it.

Bluetooth (not standard in 2017), factory center armrest, and Pulse lighting added $299 to my deal. The car was sitting at another dealership in the Twin Cities area, it was my first color choice, and WB was delivering it to my home 4 hours away for free. Since it was still a brand new car for $9,299, I wasn't going to bicker over the extra $299 at that point.

My point - I had the option to pass on that car & they would have found me a $9,000 one elsewhere. It may not have been in my first color choice, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WB currently has 12 mirages with the stick starting at $16k. I wonder if these will get sold sooner than later. I don't recall them having more than 12 on their lot. Maybe they had more? Heck even red wine and white are on the lot. Just sharing my observation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    WB currently has 12 mirages with the stick starting at $16k. I wonder if these will get sold sooner than later. I don't recall them having more than 12 on their lot. Maybe they had more? Heck even red wine and white are on the lot. Just sharing my observation.
    Times are very different. So it would be hard to predict the future. A couple years ago, White Bear would have about 60+ Mirages in stock this time of year.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-10-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    WB currently has 12 mirages with the stick starting at $16k.
    I've been watching and I'm pretty sure that number was closer to 15 manual transmission cars less than a few weeks ago. I would expect their current stock of 5-speed cars to be gone within 5-6 weeks. But those guys are smart enough that I'm assuming they are looking ahead...and these won't be the only 5-speed 2022 models they get.

Based on what used ones are selling for, a 5-speed ES at full MSRP is a respectable deal in the current market.

I'll give WB some credit. They could probably get a small premium above MSRP for manual trans cars. If Mitsubishi had a clue, they could probably make the CVT standard and charge an extra grand for a 5-speed. But I don't want to give them any ideas.

EDIT - I just looked, and now White Bear has 11 5-speed Mirages left.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-10-2022 at 08:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Look like the MT ES are now being discounted by $500 at WB?! But the fine print says 72 months with 4.9% APR and $ 1.4k down. Geez.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh wow. Yesterday they had 11. Now down to 9! $500 discount tactics must be working for them I guess.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    In this market, any discount off MSRP is a deal.

More than 80% are paying above sticker price for new cars

Name:  white_bear_manual.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  81.2 KB

^^^ This still looks like a bargain when you price shop used Mirages at Carvana.

Here's a used 2021 5-speed...

Name:  carvana2.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  34.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh wow. Yesterday they had 11. Now down to 9! $500 discount tactics must be working for them I guess.
    Selling 2 ES manuals that haven't been in stock for months is nothing for WB. Seriously, these cars haven't been in stock for a long time. If they have only sold 2, that's a bit shocking. Then again the discounts & incentives to buy one currently suck! Mitsubishi has offered loyalty, VIP, & military rebates for as long as I can remember until now. As long as I can remember would be about 5 years in my case.

WB has been listing a $500 discount for several weeks now (long before the cars arrived in their lots). I like WB, but they are hosing people with their add on PULSE lighting feature. Having said that, they will most likely be lower than other dealerships. Personally, I would ask for a Mirage without PULSE lighting & the extra charge that come with it. If they want to lose a sale over that, I would be surprised by that.

As far as financing goes, who cares? WB is listing the price as "best cash price". There's no need/reason to finance with them.

My car buying advice to anyone would be -

1. Know the current financing rate you can get with your local bank or credit union before talking to any dealership (new or used).

2. Get the dealership's OTD price before visiting them. If that price doesn't interest you, let them know that. Make them work to get your there!

If it's an OTD price you can live with, don't waste their time & your time. If someone has pre-approved 2.5%/60 months financing for a new vehicle with their local credit union, just share that up front. There's no reason to bicker over financing if someone has a rate they can't beat or compete with.

If you're not trading a vehicle, this should be an easy transaction.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-18-2022 at 04:39 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    In this market, any discount off MSRP is a deal.

^^^ This still looks like a bargain when you price shop used Mirages at Carvana.

Here's a used 2021 5-speed...
    If one is feeling a bit down about the pricing of today's new Mirages, one can take comfort in Carvana making you feel better about it all.