Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Buy it or don’t buy it. The choice is yours. There isn’t much more to be said about the current car shortage resulting in higher prices.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right. I mean I'm trying to buy one despite of folks saying now is STILL NOT a great time to buy a new Mirage for xyz reasons. I know what I'm up against.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I've been watching and I'm pretty sure that number was closer to 15 manual transmission cars less than a few weeks ago. I would expect their current stock of 5-speed cars to be gone within 5-6 weeks…

EDIT - I just looked, and now White Bear has 11 5-speed Mirages left.
    Look like your expectation went right all along. They just sold one not long ago. They had black, grey, and red last month.They currently have 3 mirages left (2 white and 1 grey) and removed the $500 discount, selling for $16k before taxes and fees. I don’t see them getting more anytime soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    ...They currently have 3 mirages left (2 white and 1 grey) and removed the $500 discount...
    Whew... $500 discount on a CVT Mirage, but only $81 off on a manual transmission model...

Name:  dealer_discount.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  52.2 KB

Well...at least they haven't figured out that they could probably add on $1,000 over MSRP on a 5-speed car...and they would probably still sell them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    There are FOUR new Mirage hatchbacks for sale in my entire state. Maybe half a dozen G4s. Paying $17,000ish for a new one right now isn't the worst deal in the world.

It is still one of the cheapest new cars you can buy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    There are FOUR new Mirage hatchbacks for sale in my entire state. Maybe half a dozen G4s. Paying $17,000ish for a new one right now isn't the worst deal in the world.

It is still one of the cheapest new cars you can buy.
    You’re right. It is not. The Nissan Versa Base trim level can’t even touch that OTD price as well. Maybe Chevy Spark but they’re going to be discontinued hence Mitsubishi may no longer throws in cash back anymore. There is no current special offers ie 1.9% APR w/ Ally or $500 cash back this month of March for the Mirage HB/G4 except military discount.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The closest dealer near me has only 1 G4 ES MT in the region and they are sticking to MSRP.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    The closest dealer near me has only 1 G4 ES MT in the region and they are sticking to MSRP.
    If Mirage manuals are over $15,000 new or used, I am not ruling out other options.

I would be happier with an older Toyota Matrix or Honda Fit for less money. For example -

https://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/d/roc...450680987.html

2007 Toyota Matrix 5-speed with only 75,725 miles for $7,500 or best offer would be more appealing to me. Plus the 1.8 L engine is one of the better ones. Plus, it comes with crank windows!

A car like this has a lot of life left in it. Given the price of the new Corolla hatchbacks that replaced this model, it's even a better looking deal.

Paying twice as much for new or slightly used Mirage is not that appealing to me. The Matrix is a much more substantial car with decent cargo room in back. Mirage fold down back seats are sort of lame compared to vehicles like the Matrix, Vibe, or Fit.

I am not bashing the Mirage. If they aren't super affordable, however, I don't rule out other options. Cars are money pits, not investments.

If I lost my Mirage to an accident or something, I wouldn't rule out something like an older Matrix like this one. Paying twice as much for a newer Mirage would be depressing to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    A friend of mine just bought a really clean, one-owner 2015 DE CVT for $8999. Believe it or not, the thing books out for over $10,000. Given how things are she was happy to pay what she paid. Should this be a $5000-6000 car right now? Yes.

But reality is what it is. Given that a 7-year-old Mirage with 80k is $9000 today, a 2020 with 13k is $18,000 at Carvana or Carmax, I don't think paying $17,000 for a new one is all that bad of a deal if you have the means.

And if you can find one for sale. As somebody said, paying MSRP is as good as it gets nowadays. If I really wanted a Mirage I don't think I'd let the lack of a 10% or 15% factory/dealer discount stop me if the new car I wanted was on the lot.

It probably won't be there tomorrow.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would be happier with an older Toyota Matrix or Honda Fit for less money. For example -

https://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/d/roc...450680987.html

2007 Toyota Matrix 5-speed with only 75,725 miles for $7,500 or best offer would be more appealing to me. Plus the 1.8 L engine is one of the better ones. Plus, it comes with crank windows!

A car like this has a lot of life left in it. Given the price of the new Corolla hatchbacks that replaced this model, it's even a better looking deal.
    Wow, that is a really nice car having the 5 speed. At the end of 2018, we bought a 2009 Matrix with an automatic (same car as Scotty Kilmer). It has power windows and cruise, but not a whole lot else. It feels like a 1978 Ford LTD compared to the Mirage. Not knocking the Mirage, but the Mirage feels like the doors are plastic compared to the Matrix. The Matrix is S-U-B-S-T-A-N-T-I-A-L compared to the Mirage.

And get this ... in 2018 the car had 78k miles on it, and we bought it for $4,000! 3.5 years ago, it was 3.5 years newer than it is now and got a screaming deal on it. This was a couple weeks after the wife finished off our 2004 Corolla LE 5-speed, and we bought the Matrix from her friend at work. It has needed a few repairs that I managed to do all myself (starter, alternator, emissions vacuum valve thingie). It doesn't get the mpg the Mirage gets, not even close with the wife driving it. And the transmission is annoying, it shifts down and screams the engine too much. But other than that it is a good car. If I needed to, I would daily drive it. The interior styling is quite nice. And driven gently, it is pleasant enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)