Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hey all, not a Mirage owner but just test drove one of the few MT at WB and the salesman told me that the stock of manual transmission units will be the last of the year due to chip shortages - they will primarily focus on automatics. Not really surprising to probably most as I imagine most get the auto, but definitely worth mentioning.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jpsulisz For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (03-11-2022),fc321 (03-05-2022),Fummins (03-03-2022),inuvik (03-03-2022),Top_Fuel (03-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsulisz View Post
    Hey all, not a Mirage owner but just test drove one of the few MT at WB and the salesman told me that the stock of manual transmission units will be the last of the year due to chip shortages - they will primarily focus on automatics. Not really surprising to probably most as I imagine most get the auto, but definitely worth mentioning.
    I wonder which model will drop the MT option first; Nissan Versa S or Mirage (G4 included) ES? The intakes rate must be extremely low. Probably 1% is my guess.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsulisz View Post
    I bought a new 2022 manual ES a few weeks ago at White Bear, and I was told the pretty much the same thing at the time. In addition, the sales person told me that not only were they not planning on getting any more in, but that they were told that this was the last model year for the Mirage to be offered with a manual transmission period. Now I know he could have been just trying to sell me one, but he provided this information to me unprovoked and I had traveled from a few states away to purchase one. Obviously I was going to buy the car, there wasn't any reason for him to lie to me about it.

I'm glad I jumped when I did as available stock is disappearing fast and I was able to take advantage of that $500 discount WB was currently offering at the time. In addition, Carvana offered me $15,700 for a 2019 Mirage ES with 19k miles that I had purchased 5 months ago for $11,900 with 8k miles. So after everything is said and done, I made a couple of thousand and got a brand new Mirage out of it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sfc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    jpsulisz - That was cool of you to jump in with that info. Hope to see you again some day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfc View Post
    ...Carvana offered me $15,700 for a 2019 Mirage ES with 19k miles...
    That is awesome! Unfortunately they don't seem to be eager to buy the older body style (2014-2015) with higher miles.

I hope that news about the manual transmissions is wrong. I would have "upgraded" mine to a newer model 5-speed, but it's not going to happen in this crazy market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I hope that news about the manual transmissions is wrong.
    I hope that is wrong, too!

In my mind, the Mirage would cease to exist after 2022 if that is true. It's happened to other vehicles I really like, however. The 1st and 2nd generation Honda CR-V & Toyota RAV4 are probably my favorite vehicles of all time. Even though I have never owned a Toyota. Once they dropped the AWD manual option with the 3rd generations, I lost all interest in them.

It's also why I ended up buying a 2011 Forester 2.5X AWD manual (15,000 miles in 2013 for $17,000). In hindsight, I wish I had bought a Honda Element AWD manual, but I couldn't find a low mileage Honda AWD manual at the time.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-04-2022 at 04:53 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Mirages have fewer microchips than most cars...but they still have microchips. It is gonna be awhile before this is over...

https://www.autonews.com/suppliers/s...-supplies-drag
    That article is behind a paywall so here is the pdf version:

https://docdro.id/eeX5a6J
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-05-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    February 9, 2022
    WB currently has 12 mirages with the stick starting at $16k...
    Today they show 2 manual transmission Mirages in stock.

Both are available in any color as long as it's silver.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Look like they actually have the black one with the stick the whole time. So odd of them to incorrectly list the transmission in the summary section despite the correct transmission on the title. Guess this is the norms as the used 17 SE HB listing for example often has the incorrect transmission option.

https://www.whitebearmitsubishi.com/...41aaf6a0e3.htm

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-06-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

"One of Henry Ford's famous quotes about the Model T was, "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants, so long as it is black." The Model T only came in black because the production line required compromise so that efficiency and improved quality could be achieved."

He sold 15 million of them. I think some different colors eventually appeared, however.

I don't think the Mirage will ever reach that number sold?