Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If you believe their website, White Bear is down to their last 2 Mirage hatches and 9 G4 sedans. I've been checking their website every few days for the last couple of months and the numbers just keep trending down.

Name:  whitebear.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  34.8 KB

I assume there are no new Mirages being delivered to dealers at this point?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you believe their website, White Bear is down to their last 2 Mirage hatches and 9 G4 sedans. I've been checking their website every few days for the last couple of months and the numbers just keep trending down.

Name:  whitebear.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  34.8 KB

I assume there are no new Mirages being delivered to dealers at this point?!?
    According to their website, my nearest dealership (Kunes Mad City) has 22 Mirages & 20 G4s in stock. If you want to pay $17,000+ for a Mirage or G4, they have plenty of them.

If you don't need to buy a vehicle right now, I would be thankful.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have a mirage there that is awaiting to be delivered.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I saw a G4 roll by this weekend. The G4 is every bit as good looking as the hatch, if not mo' perdier. Course I bought the hatch too. But I still don't get why the G4 sales lag to the hatch. The G4 has a couple advantages (more rear seat room, should be able to get it mo' cheepuh). But in my case, I've had sedans for the last 100 years, so I wanted to try a hatch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I saw a G4 roll by this weekend. The G4 is every bit as good looking as the hatch, if not mo' perdier. Course I bought the hatch too. But I still don't get why the G4 sales lag to the hatch. The G4 has a couple advantages (more rear seat room, should be able to get it mo' cheepuh). But in my case, I've had sedans for the last 100 years, so I wanted to try a hatch.
    From a practical point of view, I never understood why people bought sedans?

I wish the 5-speed Mirage powertrain came in a small wagon version. Give it the rear legroom of the sedan & a rear seat that folds completely flat.

Since buying my Mirage, I've only had one rear passenger in my Mirage (one 10 mile drive). Everyone's needs are different, but I really like small wagons for hauling stuff.

I thought about getting a use Toyota Echo for years, but I just couldn't convince myself to buy a sedan.

I bought some vinyl floor planks the other day for a bedroom. It was so easy to load the long boxes flat in the back of my Forester.

I've had a dog or two most of my life, & I think hatchbacks, wagons, SUVs, & mini-vans just work better with them, too.

We use sedans for driver's eduction, but I find them boring!

Having said all that, I am surprised when a company like Ford dropped all their sedans (no more Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, or Taurus).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I vehemently disagree. I think the G4 looks like a weird jellybean with too high of a roofline and too droopy of a nose and tail. The consensus among folks I have talked with is that the G4 is markedly cheaper looking than the equal Mirage. TETO obviously
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Hmmmmm. Basic - your opinion is WRONG. J/K.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (08-26-2021),Basic (08-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hmmmmm. Basic - your opinion is WRONG. J/K.
    I have been wrong before... once.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (08-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage G4, while is practical for carrying passengers and the growing family ie child car seats, strollers, bags, and etcetera, it is UGLY and share similar design language as the Nissan Versa which does not blend well with the modern design. Heck even in neutral color doesn't change the appeals of the car. My wife does NOT like it.

I and my wife likes the hatchback Mirage more esp in cherry red.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not to change the subject but can the dealer really place an order for buyer like me? The one nearby me is the 5MT ES in turquoise blue. I rather have cherry red and I do not know how to be an effective negotiator.