United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Not a fan of the sedan myself.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Blind spot is less pronounced for the G4 vs the hatch. I enjoy driving my wife's G4 more than my hatch.

Country
    Macedonia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    The Mirage G4, while is practical for carrying passengers and the growing family ie child car seats, strollers, bags, and etcetera, it is UGLY and share similar design language as the Nissan Versa which does not blend well with the modern design. Heck even in neutral color doesn't change the appeals of the car. My wife does NOT like it.

I and my wife likes the hatchback Mirage more esp in cherry red.
    Plus the rear bench doesn't fold down? That's really a deal-breaker.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    If one ever gets in a top speed race G4 versus the hatch, the G4 will most likely be the winner.

Drag Race: Hatch, due to its lower weight.

Road Race: Dunno. The hatch is less weight, but I would guess the G4 has a lower center of gravity.

I'm pretty sure the manual transmission version versus a CVT would win all the races, assuming equally skilled drivers.

These are very important things to consider, especially for 78 hp Mirages.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What about MPG? would the G4 5MT get better MPG than the non G4 5MT? You make an interesting case there. Something to wonder this though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Guess the cheapest deal across the country is the dealership located in Florida for $13k only. Bummer. I have thought Labor Day deal for all Mitsubishi dealers would incentivtize someone like us to buy one, no?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    What about MPG? would the G4 5MT get better MPG than the non G4 5MT? You make an interesting case there. Something to wonder this though.
    I was being a little silly. Stuff I find interesting is generally NOT important.

My opinion is that assuming all the same conditions and all the same driver skills ... the hatch would do better mpg in town (barely, just due to weight), and the G4 would do better on long interstate drives (barely, just due to lower drag off the back end).

However, in combination driving, I think the G4 and Hatch would be so close for mpg, the mpg difference is probably not something worth considering as a deciding factor in choosing between the two.

I'll be honest, someone here on the forums mentioned the utility of the Hatch versus the G4. And just this weekend I carried a ~6 foot long pole type lamp in the Mirage. And from what I understand the G4 seats don't fold down so I don't think I would have got that job done with a G4. So, whoever it was, I'm going to have to agree that the Hatch is better from a utility standpoint. In conclusion, I think I'm better off with the Hatch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Guess the cheapest deal across the country is the dealership located in Florida for $13k only. Bummer. I have thought Labor Day deal for all Mitsubishi dealers would incentivtize someone like us to buy one, no?
    Florida's advertised prices are quite deceptive, unless you were given their OTD (out-the-price). They are typically one of worst places to buy a car in the nation. Any price is useless unless you are talking OTD prices.

Dealers can't give incentives on cars they don't have. Labor Day means nothing this year.

The best deal on a Mirage was probably @ White Bear Mitsubishi this past April or so.

2021 ES manuals were discounted to
    $10,999 for anyone
    $9,999 for a current Mitsubishi owner qualifying for the $1,000 loyal rebate
    $9,499 if you qualified for the $500 military rebate
    $8,999 if you qualified for the $500 VIP rebate

Someone like myself would have qualified for the $9,999. Tax, registration, documentation fees, etc. would have added another $900 for a Wisconsin customer. The OTD price for a 2021 ES manual would have been approximately $10,899 for me. I should have bought a couple & flipped them!

You are picking a horrible time to shop for a car right now, because things have changed drastically!

White Bear Mitsubishi typically has 30-60 Mirages in stock this time of year. I just checked, & WB has 1 Mirage in stock & 6 G4s.

Compared to earlier this year, I would expect to pay $3,000-$4,000 more for the same car. I really like my Mirage, but I wouldn't pay that much for one.

I paid less than 66% window sticker ($9299/$14,220) for a brand new 2017 Mirage. Given the current market (lack of available cars), you will not find deals like that today. I only share this because $14,000-$15,000 for a Mirage seems like a lot of money from my perspective.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I only share this because $14,000-$15,000 for a Mirage seems like a lot of money from my perspective.
    It is. But the other choice is a 2006 Ford Focus with exploding CVT and 90k miles for $8k.

06 focus with a cvt

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)