Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not to change the subject but does anyone knows when Mitsubishi typically announce and or release the next model year ie Mirage 2022? I am wondering if it worth holding out as we are in September as far as deal is concerned.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    That’s a good question. It seems MMNA doesn’t always follow the typical release schedule that most manufacturers do.

It’s a funny market these days for cars new and used. Are any manufacturers offering discounts? You’ll have to let us know if there are any.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Not to change the subject but does anyone knows when Mitsubishi typically announce and or release the next model year ie Mirage 2022? I am wondering if it worth holding out as we are in September as far as deal is concerned.
    I don't think the current car market reflects anything we have seen in recent years. If ES manuals are already hard to find, I don't see any huge discount happening for the 2021 models verses 2022 models. I could be wrong, however.

My local car lots (various brands) are noticeably low on inventory. I don't see dealers discounting 2021 models to make room for 2022 models this year.

2021 ES manuals were $11,000 ($10,000 for current Mitsubishi owners) for time (January-April) @ White Bear. Another possible $500 off for military or $500 VIP rebate was also offered. Sadly, I don't see those prices coming back any time soon. You can't buy a 2-3 year old used Mirage with some miles on them for those prices these days even at White Bear.

White Bear currently has two 2018 ES manuals with 38,856 miles & 46,461 miles on them for $12,496. Those are 3 year old cars listed nearly $1,500 higher than the new ones a few months back, & 2018 ES manuals don't have cruise.

Carvana is listing a 2020 ES manual with 3,999 miles for $17,990. That's nuts, but it's where things are at. I could have bought two brand new Mirage ES manuals for that price in 2017! Only difference between a 2017 & 2018 is the backup camera/Bluetooth became standard. You can add those items to any car for way less.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Did someone ask about a discount?!?

This is the absolute WORST time to buy a new car in any of our lifetimes. The Mirage is no exception. Unless you absolutely cannot live without a new car, just stay on the sidelines and save your money. It will be at least a year before car markets return to normal and we see anything that even resembles a discount.

Like Mark pointed out...if you want a new Mirage right now, it's going to cost you about 75% more than that same car was 6-8 months ago (see date of the first post in this thread).

Carvana is selling used 2015 Mirages for more than I paid for mine new.

Name:  carvana.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  92.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I realllly need to sell my '15 DE CVT. I bet I could double my money...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Did someone ask about a discount?!?

This is the absolute WORST time to buy a new car in any of our lifetimes. The Mirage is no exception. Unless you absolutely cannot live without a new car, just stay on the sidelines and save your money. It will be at least a year before car markets return to normal and we see anything that even resembles a discount.

Like Mark pointed out...if you want a new Mirage right now, it's going to cost you about 75% more than that same car was 6-8 months ago (see date of the first post in this thread).

Carvana is selling used 2015 Mirages for more than I paid for mine new.

Name:  carvana.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  92.3 KB
    It is a terrible time to buy a used car as well. A couple years ago, this 2004 5-speed base model Hyundai Accent coupe would have sold for $1995 on a good day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I knew everyday during this uncertain times is a WORST time to buy a car or a house, but that doesnÂ’t mean we canÂ’t make a deal with them. My understanding is that the dealer would negotiate as to discount the price below MSRP but not much especially when no other Mitsubishi dealers donÂ’t have Mirage with a stick.

Yes, White Bear Mitsubishi deal from months ago was the deal of our lifetime however irrelevant now as we don’t have a time machine to score one. I don’t think that deal will repeat again especially with a stick. Mirage may not be available with the stick for 2022 model so def not favorable for MT buyer.

Since I am very new to MitsubishiÂ’s, I figured it wouldnÂ’t hurt to ask you guys on whether or not you know the timeline of new model year as other mainstream automakers have already rolled out the 2022 model. It fine if unknown. Guess their lips has been tight about it.

I know the best advice is to wait until it all over but until when? Mid 2022? 2023? 2025? To each to it own but in my case, I need to get a commuter soon.

And one thing for sure I can say is that even if paying MSRP for the base Mirage model, it still a heck cheaper than paying for $20k Corolla or Civic especially with a stick that I donÂ’t want to live beyond my needs nor overpay a used car with the unknown history.

So IÂ’ll keep waiting and search for new inventory daily. I have faith that I will score one
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 09-14-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    DT88 - I used to work as an automotive design engineer. For Toyota for years, and for Hyundai-Kia for years. I know a lot of things about automotive. But I don't know everything. But, regarding the manual transmissions. My opinion is that it will remain with the current facelift vehicle at least until it is finished production.

However, there are pieces and parts that OEMs purchase from vendors. The transmission is likely made by a transmission company. It would be one of the larger expense items that assembles into the vehicle. Let's just say that the current facelift Mirage runs through model year 2024. Which would be produced until maybe May or June of 2024. Because a manual transmission is going to be a major expense part, they WILL NOT have any left over at the end of production. So, what they do in a case like that is they build out the manual transmissions before the end of production. My estimate is that Mitsubishi would try to be building the last manual transmissions for the current facelift vehicle roughly 2 to 3 months before the end of production.

I don't know that 2024 would be the last year. I don't know that any of this is true. Just my guesstimate.

I also guesstimate that Mitsubishi is listening to us. And that they know how much better the Mirage is with a manual transmission. However, they also know that the average Mirage buyer in the U.S. is going to snub their nose at a manual transmission. An automatic is preferred probably 10 to 1 to a manual. Mitsubishi's bread is buttered with an automatic transmission. But will they completely kill the manual transmission after the current facelift model? Who knows.

But I think you are likely to be able to find them in new Mirages for the next couple / few years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    I knew everyday during this uncertain times is a WORST time to buy a car or a house, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make a deal with them. My understanding is that the dealer would negotiate as to discount the price below MSRP but not much especially when no other Mitsubishi dealers don’t have Mirage with a stick.

Yes, White Bear Mitsubishi deal from months ago was the deal of our lifetime however irrelevant now as we donÂ’t have a time machine to score one. I donÂ’t think that deal will repeat again especially with a stick. Mirage may not be available with the stick for 2022 model so def not favorable for MT buyer.

Since I am very new to Mitsubishi’s, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask you guys on whether or not you know the timeline of new model year as other mainstream automakers have already rolled out the 2022 model. It fine if unknown. Guess their lips has been tight about it.

I know the best advice is to wait until it all over but until when? Mid 2022? 2023? 2025? To each to it own but in my case, I need to get a commuter soon.

And one thing for sure I can say is that even if paying MSRP for the base Mirage model, it still a heck cheaper than paying for $20k Corolla or Civic especially with a stick that I don’t want to live beyond my needs nor overpay a used car with the unknown history.

So I’ll keep waiting and search for new inventory daily. I have faith that I will score one
    When new models appear on lots really seems to vary with Mitsubishi. I bought my 2017 Mirage in October, & the 2018 Mirages were already available. I actually test drove a 2018 Mirage in mid-October @ my closest Mitsubishi dealership (65 miles from my home). New year models have been much later in recent years.

I had talked to Richard Herod III prior to my local test drive of a Mirage. Richard was the general manager of White Bear Mitsubishi @ the time. He is now the owner/general manager of WB.

When I called a Richard, they had zero 2017 Mirage ES manuals on their lot. That didn't phase him one bit. As we were talking on the phone, he was searching for available Mirages in my top 3 color choices. When I called, I asked if getting a $9,500 2017 Mirage ES manual was still possible. He told me how I could get it for $9,000. That was his initial response.

I ended up settling for one that was $9,299, because it had Bluetooth (not standard that year), a center armrest, & Pulse lighting already added to the car. It was in my first color choice, & I sense the car was easy for him to get. I could had held out for $9,000 Mirage, but they had already offered to deliver this one to my home (4 hours from them) for free. I wasn't going to bicker over $299 at that point. He had a salesman drive my Mirage to my home, & we did the paperwork on my kitchen table. I had called Richard on Tuesday. About an hour later, he emailed me about my Mirage (first color choice, but had some extras on it). They went & got the car from another dealership the next day & delivered my Mirage to my driveway that Saturday. I told them I would be home @ 10:30 am on Saturday. I got home at 10:25 am, and they were waiting for me in my driveway with my car.

If you are serious about a 2021-22 Mirage ES manual, you are willing to buy a one-way plane ticket to the Twin Cities, & you are willing to drive your new car home from that distance, I would email Richard. He will be very upfront & honest with you. You may not hear what you want to hear, but then you will know. He's not going to make a promise he can't keep. Then again, he may surprise you!

Getting our speculation about everything is really a waste of your time. Unless we are personally shopping for a Mirage ourselves, we don't know much. Richard may hand you off to one of salesperson, too. I bought my Mirage almost 4 years ago now. I just know when I called him, he answered his own phone. That alone surprised me, & he never handed me off to someone else. He sold me a Mirage (he didn't have) in my first color choice & delivered it to my home. My local dealership was the complete opposite experience (worst I have ever experienced of any brand).

Richard Herod III (owner of WB) email address is richardherod3@gmail.com, unless that has changed since 2017.

If nothing else, communicating with Richard will give you a sense of what you are up against. They are in the business of selling cars. I would contact him.

If we haven't seem helpful here, I apologize for all of us. The car market is nuts right now. Most of us are very happy Mirage owners, however! Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-05-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Many dealers don't realize that a base model 5-speed ES is more desirable to a lot of people than a loaded SE/GT. So that might actually work in your favor. Anything priced under MSRP right now (even if it's only a few hundred dollars) would probably be considered a decent deal.

Almost every new car dealer around me is down to a handful of cars...and most of these are for sale at full MSRP (or more if it's a truck/SUV).

5-speed Mirages may be even harder to find now. I just did a search on cars.com and about 200 new Mirages were found...and only 4 of those had a manual transmission.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)