Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    OMG - $9,000 for a 112k mile CVT. Who knows, maybe they'll get it. Crazy right now. I paid $11,4XX for mine 1 year ago almost exactly, brand spankin' new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Just don't look at the price, look at the low easy 96 month payments.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    OMG - $9,000 for a 112k mile CVT. Who knows, maybe they'll get it. Crazy right now. I paid $11,4XX for mine 1 year ago almost exactly, brand spankin' new.
    Basically at this point with these ridiculous prices if you need new car and could get it for MSRP you might as well pull the trigger. Holding out for "clearance or leftovers from previous model years" is probably not a good plan at this point in time. Unless you want a G4, I think you could still pay less than MSRP for one if you're willing to travel but probably not the HB.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Carvana currently has 6 2014-2015 Mirages. Every one is listed as "Purchase in Progress"

Name:  carvana2.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  72.5 KB

I would gladly sell them my perfect 2015 for $8,000...and they could probably make an easy $2K on it. But when I fill out their "sell us your car" form, they want to give me $2,800?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    WB Mitsubishi is "expanding". Richard just recently opened up another dealer here. It's roughly a 20min drive west of the WB Mitsubishi. From what it looks like, the dealer is not Mitsubishi-based but he does have Mitsubishi cars on sale on the website.

I don't know if it belongs here but I've been seeing the "market adjustment" prices for New/Used cars go up. Makes me want to sell my Mirage, haha. But, its my first so I don't think I will.

Seeing the price of this one was just really surprising.
    Attachment 22314
    I noticed the "Bear Lot" some time ago. I think it's a used car lot associated with Richard & White Bear. The White Bear dealership is wedged between other dealerships, & he probably couldn't expand there.

Being a former Saturn dealership, I think WB has maintained that type of marketing. If haggling for the best price isn't your thing, WB & the Bear Lot are good places to shop for vehicles.

It may be a good time to sell a vehicle you really don't need, but buying one is another story.

I looked yesterday. A 2017 ES manual with 67,000 miles (not @ WB) was listed for $9,000. If you had qualified for any of the $500 rebates (VIP, Loyalty, Military), you could have bought a brand new Mirage for as low as $7,500 in 2017. That's what WB was selling them for in 2017 brand new, & it's why I own one!
    Last edited by Mark; 10-21-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually think the G4 is badass. I think I still continue to prefer the HB. But I wouldn't hesitate on a G4 if I found a good deal on a 5 speed.

I have a vehicle that I don't need. And I think I could get big money for it in this economy. Where is the optimal place to advertise it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I actually think the G4 is badass. I think I still continue to prefer the HB. But I wouldn't hesitate on a G4 if I found a good deal on a 5 speed.

I have a vehicle that I don't need. And I think I could get big money for it in this economy. Where is the optimal place to advertise it?
    If the vehicle is even half way collectible people are paying big $$ for stuff on bringatrailer.com

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

It's hard to find the 2021-22 G4 manual for under $15k pre OTD right now. Guess I'll go for $14k 2021 HB 5MT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    It's hard to find the 2021-22 G4 manual for under $15k pre OTD right now. Guess I'll go for $14k 2021 HB 5MT
    It's really hard to predict the future. I'm thankful that I don't need to buy a car right now. Overall, all vehicles are jacked up in price right now. Will huge discounts return in the future? Who knows?

Personally, I like the Honda Fit (130 hp with 5-speed manual). I don't have one in my driveway, because a Mirage was about $6,000-7,000 cheaper at the time purchase. I don't think that has changed much today (except a new Honda Fit no longer exists). Even though I really like several things about the Fit, I prefer the fuel economy of the Mirage. The 3-cylinder charm of the car sort of grows on you. If I only owned one vehicle, it may not be a Mirage. As far as an every day driver to supplement my older Forester, the Mirage is perfect!

If I needed to replace my Mirage today, I would shop for any low mileage 2017-21 Mirage manual (because in my mind the car hasn't changed). If I compared it to the same low mileage/year of a Honda Fit, I think would find about the same savings. If not, I am buying a 5-speed manual Fit instead.

For me the Mirage has to check three boxes - super affordable to purchase, reliable (good warranty is a plus, too), & economical to drive. If those three boxes aren't checked, it loses its appeal to me. I really like my Mirage, but part of that is related to the fact that new ones could be had for $10,000 or under OTD at the time. Having said that, I would still feel good buying a slightly used one in that price range. Even that is a challenge these days, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If I needed to replace my Mirage today, I would shop for any low mileage 2017-21 Mirage manual (because in my mind the car hasn't changed).
    Agreement. Cept, I don't know why you like them gas-hog Honda Fits.