Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Many dealers don't realize that a base model 5-speed ES is more desirable to a lot of people than a loaded SE/GT. So that might actually work in your favor. Anything priced under MSRP right now (even if it's only a few hundred dollars) would probably be considered a decent deal.

Almost every new car dealer around me is down to a handful of cars...and most of these are for sale at full MSRP (or more if it's a truck/SUV).

5-speed Mirages may be even harder to find now. I just did a search on cars.com and about 200 new Mirages were found...and only 4 of those had a manual transmission.
    This is my word of caution related to all this. When I was on the phone with Richard of White Bear in 2017, I realized within minutes his world was different than ours. Whatever car data base he uses is not what we see on cars.com or autotrader.com.

Within minutes of talking to him, he's telling me how it looked for 2017 SE & ES manuals at the time. Keep in mind the 2018 Mirages were on the lots already, & he's looking for 2017 models. Richard was looking at cars, that I had no clues existed from these other auto websites. If you talk to him, he'll ask you what are your top three colors? Then he just starts looking. My Mirage came from another dealership in the Twin Cities (sat there for most of the year), and it never appeared on any cars.com or autortrader.com website. He knew where my car existed, but I didn't even know that dealership existed. By the way, the dealership he got my Mirage from doesn't exist any more.

My decision came down to an ES for $9,000 or an SE for about $9,800 & a willingness to accept few different color choices. Once I made that decision over the phone, he emailed me about a car in my first color choice about an hour later. I was at school at the time. I bought a car from him during my prep. period. His willingness to deliver it really sealed the deal for me, however.

If you are really serious about buying a particular car, talking to a good general manager is good place to start.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2of9 (10-15-2021),Fummins (09-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Whatever car data base he uses is not what we see on cars.com or autotrader.com.
    Absolutely. Anyone at a dealership level should be able to search their nationwide inventory of vehicles for something specific. I've been on other forums where someone worked in sales at a Brand X dealership and would tell people exactly where to find a specific car. These guys didn't care if they weren't selling you the car...they were just helping people out.

You might be able to do this using the mitsubishicars.com website. I just went there and searched all Mitsubishi dealers for an ES 5-speed. After removing all search filters (except for 5-speed), I only came up with 14 cars (see below). This may still not be as accurate as having a dealer search for you (if they are willing to do it...most aren't if they aren't selling you the car). But even if this search at mitsubishicars.com is remotely accurate, it's painting a bleak picture of available manual transmission Mirages out there right now.

Name:  inventory.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  93.5 KB

I wonder how accurate this is because it doesn't show a single 5-speed ES west of Texas. I would love to know exactly how many new ES 5-speeds are out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Not enough blue ones in that 14 car list...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One month has passed and apparently WB Mitsubishi has good number of CVT Mirage. ES Manuals are available but used.

2022 Mirage should be coming soon. I just don't know when. *Sigh*

G4, while is much rare to find, is my priority now than the hatchback.

Interestingly, I randomly look into CarMax and they had the 1 owner 17 Black Mirage SE with a manual and 26k miles for $13k plus taxes and fees. I did actually reserved to but gave up as the shipping cost is over $1k. The 21 Mirage dollar wise is much better buy. No regrets here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    I just tried a nationwide search for 2021 ES 5-speeds on mitsubishicars.com...and this time I only found 8 cars.

For what it's worth... mitsubishicars.com is showing 2022 models for every Mitsubishi vehicle except the Mirage. It says "Coming Soon" for 2022 Mirage/G4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I just tried a nationwide search for 2021 ES 5-speeds on mitsubishicars.com...and this time I only found 8 cars.

For what it's worth... mitsubishicars.com is showing 2022 models for every Mitsubishi vehicle except the Mirage. It says "Coming Soon" for 2022 Mirage/G4.
    Just 8 in entire country? I find it strange. It should be higher.

I tried talking to the dealer from WA for the G4 manual and gosh they're PITA. They avoided giving me the price of the car and pushes me to test drive instead. If I for example don't give them what they want, they will reassign someone else to "help me" in a same narrative. So frustrating.

Other dealers near me has one and experiences have not been so bad but asking price is over 16k non OTD and I won't bother taking a step there.

Eh 2022 is not far from now and we MIGHT see 2022 model being discounted to $11k or $12k from WB. Very very unlikely but worth waiting when not in the rush to buy.
    Last edited by defensivetackle88; 10-17-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is just random thought of mine but maybe in January 2022 WB might bring back the hot deal again for 2022 mirage except it might be a bit higher in price of $11-13k ballpark thanks to inflation. If that ever the case, would you all say it a bad deal just because the 2022 Mirage hypothetically is the same as 2021's? 🤔

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I am not sure about you. but mirages new are currently marked up 1-3k above sticker price at local dealerships for me due to supply shortages.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    This is just random thought of mine but maybe in January 2022 WB might bring back the hot deal again for 2022 mirage except it might be a bit higher in price of $11-13k ballpark thanks to inflation. If that ever the case, would you all say it a bad deal just because the 2022 Mirage hypothetically is the same as 2021's? 🤔
    DT88 - I was deep in automotive in my career at one point. Our general understanding was that February was always the best time to buy a car, monetarily. Particularly the end of February. I don't know the reasoning for a fact though. Perhaps everybody had to pay their Christmas bills by the end of January so in February fewer people had the money to buy a car. So by the end of February the salesliars were more desperate than usual. But I'm guessing it is case-by-case (car-by-car, brand-by-brand, and dealer-by-dealer). So take my word with a big grain of salt.

Your thinking is solid. As a matter of fact, having been in engineering for Toyota and Hyundai-Kia, the 2022 will be a better vehicle than the 2021. However, it is just a minor model change from the 2020 to 2021. But those areas that changed from the 2020 to the 2021, will have had problems. And many of those problems get resolved in time for, or prior to, the SOP of the 2022 build. That's a fact. That was part of my job when at Toyota. Busting out the countermeasures to the problems of the first year build, in time for SOP of the 2nd year build. 2nd year is ALWAYS better. But like I said, 2021 was a minor model change, so not a huge amount of changes / problems to work out.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WB Mitsubishi is "expanding". Richard just recently opened up another dealer here. It's roughly a 20min drive west of the WB Mitsubishi. From what it looks like, the dealer is not Mitsubishi-based but he does have Mitsubishi cars on sale on the website.

I don't know if it belongs here but I've been seeing the "market adjustment" prices for New/Used cars go up. Makes me want to sell my Mirage, haha. But, its my first so I don't think I will.

Seeing the price of this one was just really surprising.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 12.25.04 PM.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  29.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)