Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The pricing trend on Mirages continues in the wrong direction (if you're a buyer)...

At this rate, White Bear will have those "Market Adjustment" add-ons by the end of the summer...

Attachment 21290
    Of the three examples, the first two have standard transmissions - the last is an automatic. Aren't CVTs typically $1000 more expensive? If that's the case, that last one is quite the bargain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Of the three examples, the first two have standard transmissions - the last is an automatic.
    Good catch! I just grabbed the ad that was the same color and assumed it was the same car.

Look at this. I didn't notice this before. White Bear is charging more for a base-model CVT right now than for a base model 5-speed! I wonder if that's a mistake?

Name:  cheapest.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  48.3 KB

I don't want to give them any ideas...but I would pay more for a 5-speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Of the three examples, the first two have standard transmissions - the last is an automatic. Aren't CVTs typically $1000 more expensive? If that's the case, that last one is quite the bargain.
    White Bear lists cars incorrectly like everyone.

They have two Mirage ES (variable) listed at $12,999. When you look at the one with actual photos, it's a manual.

Most of their manuals are currently $13,499+ today.

None of their prices have any of the loyalty, military, or VIP rebates added in. So they could be had for cheaper for some of us.

Lowest price CVT (when looking at pics to confirm) is $13,999. That's $1,000 more than their lowest price manuals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    To top it all off, all five examples have the same $15,565 MSRP regardless of transmission.

Maybe Mitsubishi Motors North America is crazy like a fox with it's pricing, or this is White Bear's doing. Can't tell from here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To top it all off, all five examples have the same $15,565 MSRP regardless of transmission.

Maybe Mitsubishi Motors North America is crazy like a fox with it's pricing, or this is White Bear's doing. Can't tell from here.
    No, it's not that at all. They are all ES manuals for $15,565 MSRP. They are the exact same cars, except for color.

White Bear is sloppy with their listing of transmissions. This is common for everyone! When I sort for manuals on various car sites, many automatics are included. These car listings are probably done by people who don't love their job or care.

A Mirage ES CVT @ White Bear for $13,999 has a MSRP of $16,865.

CVT add $1,300 to the price of an ES, and the MSRP prices reflect that.

White Bear is not selling Mirage ES CVT for less money than ES manuals. They may not be charging $1,300 more, but they are at least $500-1,000 more.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-03-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Dealership websites are full of errors. They list manual for automatic and vice versa, sometimes even the colors are listed incorrectly. Often times the headline will be "2021 Mitsubishi Mirage ES" but you look at the photos and look at the upgraded wheels and know right away it's not an ES model. Sometimes even the photos are incorrect and they use the same set of photos of a blue mirage for both the ES and LE listings.

When I search the dealer websites I ALWAYS look for where it says "Window Sticker" for each car model and click on that. That's the official ID tag that lets you know what the car really is and what options it has. It is surprising how often the other parts of the listing on the website are incorrect or have contradictory information.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didn't trust the website lol 90% of the time, the cars are usually what they are but it also doesn't hurt to call for more information. Which is what I did when I bought mine.

Crazily enough, exactly 5 years ago to this DAY, is when I was actually just semi-serious about buying my future Mirage because my Nissan Maxima was slowly deteriorating. I think the sticker says $9499. It was the only 5spd on the lot from what I remembered. Who would have though that 2 months later, I'd own it. Haha. Wow. Because, from I remember at the time, I was just curiously looking because I was also very serious about an Evo 8/9 but most of them had transmission issues.

Name:  rage16.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  43.6 KB
    Name:  rage16-1.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  66.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Is there a certain time of year when WB has sales?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    Is there a certain time of year when WB has sales?
    richardherod3@gmail.com - This is the email address of the owner/general manager of White Bear Mitsubishi. Email & politely ask him. No need to mention my name. I am not on his payroll.

His name is Richard Herod III. He was the general manager of White Bear Mitsubishi when I bought my Mirage in 2017. He is now the owner/general manager of WB.

If you want to associate a face to who you are communicating with, here is a nice clip of him -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHnQQhWQVA

I still have my little stuffed white bear that came with the Mirage delivered to my home.

I first inquired about the Mirage during the summer of 2017. WB was selling them for $9,000-9,500 ($7,500-8,000 if you qualified for any of the extra rebates) all summer long.

I don't sense that happening this summer, but Richard would know that better than I. Closing cost for someone living in Wisconsin added less than $900 to the above prices. That's your sales tax, registration/documentation fees, new Wisconsin plates, etc... This is why I own a 2017 Mirage. Buying a new one was cheaper than many of the used ones at the time. I also wanted the new updated 2017.

My local dealer wanted $13,800 OTD. I only used them for test drive & nothing more. I paid 65.4% window sticker @ WB, & I didn't qualify for any of the extra rebates. Otherwise, the percentage would have been lower. They delivered my Mirage to my home (4 hours away) for free, too. Not all Mitsubishi dealerships are the same!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-20-2021 at 06:09 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (06-25-2021),mohammad (07-19-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Fantastic illustration!

Well, I would wager the price isn't increasing because of the demand side of the equation, because traffic to the forum has been fairly steady [even down slightly in May]. In the good ol' days when Mitsu blew out the 2015's with massive discounts, that drove demand and we saw a big increase in traffic & new members.
    My 2014 was an insanely loaded car for $9,995. I think I joined here a month or so after I bought it.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)