Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi already discounting 2021 Mirages

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That one is interesting. When did they start adding individual factory options to a base model? I thought they forced you into a different trim level if you wanted anything added to an ES. Maybe they are finally realizing that was a bad idea?

I knew you could get dealer-installed fog lights, but this ES came with fog lights as a factory option...

Attachment 23240
    My 2021 ES CVT came with the center console and pinstripes. I miss the factory package my 2014 had, fog lights, rubber door protectors, rear scruff plate.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know why I care about tires either?

I may just live a boring life or something?
    Mark, whats the update? Were you able to make it to White Bear and investigate the pink unicorn Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mark, whats the update? Were you able to make it to White Bear and investigate the pink unicorn Mirage?

I have a fishing trip (Devils Lake, North Dakota) planned with friends around May 20th. I will be passing through the White Bear area to get there.

Will I actually stop at White Bear?

I don't see myself stopping unless I need some warranty or recall work done there. I would love to prove all the doubters wrong, but I doubt I will take the time to do that.

Does anyone on the forum have service done at White Bear?

If so, let's show them where those matching engine & CVT numbers are stamped.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That one is interesting. When did they start adding individual factory options to a base model? I thought they forced you into a different trim level if you wanted anything added to an ES. Maybe they are finally realizing that was a bad idea?
    Oooh, maybe they did wake up! And maybe I can finally get that unicorn Yellow with plaid interior with a manual...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-19-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

I knew you could get dealer-installed fog lights, but this ES came with fog lights as a factory option...

Attachment 23240
    My 2017 ES manual had optional equipment added at the factory (shown on my factory window sticker) -

Accessory Bluetooth Hands-free System added $210 (Bluetooth became standard in 2018)

Accessory Armrest Console added $180

Items like carpet floor mats & rear shelf (name used for rear cover) were standard items (not added cost items) back then.

Items like PULSE lighting added by the dealership are not listed on my window sticker.

I highly doubt a dealer would have added the Bluetooth feature as an aftermarket item. My Bluetooth button is located next to the traction control button on the dash. Outside of the horn, a 2017 ES has no buttons on the steering wheel.

2018 added Bluetooth/backup camera to the ES.
    2019 added cruise control & 6-way adjustable driver's seat to the ES
    2020 added automatic climate controls to the ES

2017-2020 the SE & GT remained unchanged. Yet, their price shifted with the ES. It's been a $2,000 difference between the base & top trim since 2017 (when comparing CVT to CVT trim levels).

If someone qualified for the three $500 rebates (loyalty, VIP & military) in 2017, you could have bought TWO ES MANUALS for $15,000 ($7,500 each) @ WB. Provided nothing extra was added to them. Times have surely changed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    White Bear is sold out of new hatchbacks at the moment. What is the world coming to?!?

Name:  no_more_hatches.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  58.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    G4 has a pass thru now and it's trunk is bigger than you think. I'm seeing a lot of G4s now. I miss driving my wife's G4. Better blind spot visibility IMO, handles crosswinds better too.

White Bear is sold out of new hatchbacks at the moment. What is the world coming to?!?
    This is a bad sign, considering White Bear makes up approximately half of all U.S. Mirage sales!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    It could just be a sign that Mirage sales picked up a lot quicker than Mitsubishi Motors, and Mitsubishi USA had expected. And, many manufacturers (not implying that Mitsubishi is doing this as well) are prioritizing the chips they do receive, into production for the vehicles that are more profitable. That makes sense.

However, I think this is more of a big 3 thing, due to the big 3 making crap small cars that are not profitable, or not very profitable, versus using them in trucks that they can build for maybe $20k and sell for $80k (just throwing out numbers). It's all about the trucks in the USA at the moment, guzzle guzzle guzzle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

However, I think this is more of a big 3 thing, due to the big 3 making crap small cars that are not profitable, or not very profitable, versus using them in trucks that they can build for maybe $20k and sell for $80k (just throwing out numbers). It's all about the trucks in the USA at the moment, guzzle guzzle guzzle.
    Seriously? With gas prices pushing, what, $7/gallon in some markets, morons would rather flush $150/week on fuel instead of $50?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)