Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE CVT review (Doubleclutch.ca)

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE CVT review (Doubleclutch.ca)

Here's a balanced review from an enthusiast car reviewer who understands the mission of the Mirage, and understandably (I agree) questions the competitiveness of the loaded, SE model. He says the "sweet spot" for this car's purpose (affordability & cost of ownership) lies in the entry level model.

Also notable from this review:

...despite the frigid temperatures and icy roads, I managed an impressive 5.8L/100km (41 mpg US / 17.2 km/L) in my weeks’ worth of rush hour commuting in and out of the city. This is by far the best economy I’ve managed out of any standard gasoline powered vehicle, and that’s exactly why I can easily see the merits of driving something like the Mirage.
    Pros ...

- bright paint colours, "cute" look
    - fuel economy
    - CVT keeps highway RPM low
    - excellent seat heaters, easy to use climate control
    - decent interior room
    - comfortable driving position, good headroom
    - good outward visibility
    - tight turning radius
    - warranty

Cons ...

- the loaded, top range SE model is up against arguably better cars for the money
    - just 74 hp (though, more power would hurt economy)
    - vague steering
    - body roll/understeer
    - not recommended to "our enthusiast readers"
    - no outside temperature readout

Overall ...

...for the average young city dweller, uninterested in the automotive world, but looking for cheap, safe and reliable transportation, the happy little Mirage will get the job done and is definitely worth a look.
    See the whole review, photo gallery: http://doubleclutch.ca/11238/2014-mitsubishi-mirage-se/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (01-15-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems like a pretty good review

Yup. I think it's as fair a review as you can expect from a regular "car enthusiast" type of writer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)