Thread: Those of you with Scangauge's

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Those of you with Scangauge's

I'm looking at getting a scangauge 2 for my mirage. Before i bought it I wanted to verify that others have been able to display the following info:

Oil Temp
    Oil pressure
    Coolant Temp
    Trans temp

Did any of these require special programming or anything? Or were they available right after plugging it in? I've never had a gauge like this before so I'm not sure the whole process so any info is appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    The only thing that will work right out of the box is the coolant temperature.

Oil temp and pressure

There is no oil temperature sensor input to the car's computer (that I'm aware of) in a Mirage so there's no data for the ScanGauge to see. The same thing goes for oil pressure.

Trans temp

Assuming you have a CVT, there is a temperature sensor input to the computer. This is not a standard input on a ScanGauge. It's a gauge you have to set up using their "x-gauges". It requires a special code to be added to your ScanGauge (see this link for more info).

Here's the bad news... The Mirage isn't even listed among the Mitsubishi models that have x-gauges available. So you will have to use trans temp code values from other Mitsubishi models and hope that one of them will work to display your trans temp. I emailed them specifically about the Mirage but never heard back from anyone.

I don't think any Mirage owner has figured out how to display the trans temp using a ScanGauge, phone app with bluetooth dongle, etc. So if you do get it figured out, that would be huge.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 01-18-2021 at 01:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-18-2021),inuvik (01-18-2021),Jibles (01-18-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Has anyone ever tried displaying the ignition timing setting at 700 RPM?

I've used Torque app and got this